Chapter 26

The Funeral was the hardest thing, not knowing what to say or how to accept condolences. I only knew them for a short amount of time; not even a whole year. I feel as if every guardian I live with, I bring bad luck. The wake was only small, I hadn't known everyone but it was still comforting.

"Please forgive, as I am sorry for loss." A Japanese man bowed to me, I bowed back in respect as he too lost someone. I was told that Rika's death was due to heartbreak, it felt like a real-life soppy romance movie or something. The whole time, Jin stayed by my side. Holding my hand through the tough times.

"Did you want to get some air?" I nod walking close by his side. I take a seat on the bench seat outside. He rests his arm around my shoulder, I felt protected to an extent.

"I'm so sorry about everything you've ever had to go through." He attempts to comfort me, I don't know what to say or how to reply.

"I promise you that one day, everything will be fine. You're going to grow up, and have a life away from everything, you will be happy." I look up to him.

"You promise?"

"I promise." We sit there for a long time, I begin to fall asleep on his shoulder until I was awoken by Jun, who had suggested it was time to go home. It was a long and very depressing day, Is showered for over half an hour before realising I was probably wasting a whole lot of water. I get out covering myself with a dressing gown and panties, drying my hair with a single towel.

"Everything alright in here?" Jun has stepped into the bathroom slightly.

"Yes, everything is fine." I give her a small smile.

"I'm glad. I have the spare bedroom set up for you, I figured you would need your own space."

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that for me."

"You're part of the family. We all care for you."

"I really do appreciate everything you've done for me."

"I know you do. I've made some tea, it's just in your room when you're ready to have it."

"Thank you." I give her a tight squeeze. She had left me to continue drying my hair; now using the hair dryer. Once dry, I set myself down on my bed, drinking the tea after adding a couple of sugars to give the sweet taste. Had left the door open, Jin stands in the doorway smirking at me with his arms crossed.

"You look rather comfortable." He spoke, closing the door behind him. I set my cup of tea down on the bed side table, looking up to him.

"And very refreshed as well." Jin crawls onto the mattress, I lean forwards kneeling as he is now face to face with me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better." I admit. He places his lips against my cheek, this comfort was nice.

"I'm glad." He whispers lying his body down next to mine. We lay there comfortably, gazing into each other's eyes.
"I could just stare into your eyes forever."

"As could I."

"What do you think we'll be doing after school?"

"Who knows, perhaps further studying, or getting into the job searching."

"Do you think we will get a place of our own?"

"I would certainly like to, ever since I first saw you I knew you were the one for me." Jin admits.

"You were so mysterious when I first walked into that classroom, and to think how we have come this far with some completely stupid complications, I'm glad it was all with you, because I honestly don't think I would liked to have gone through it with anyone else." I speak out, Jin had smirked, cackling at the thought. We stayed up speaking about anything and everything, that was until the both of us fell asleep.

***

Many weeks after their deaths, school was back in business. Everything seemed to be going okay, I was doing well in all my classes; especially my art elective class where I was peeking over at Jin every now and then. When the time had gone, I had forgotten about what the feeling of sadness felt like; Jun and Kazuya were both welcoming, Jin's presence always made me flutter. Although the times when I did, I felt sick and nauseous at certain times. It was as if something about me had changed. I became more tired and exhausted as the days went on, I ate a lot more causing me to put on weight. It never bothered Jin, however Julia was the most concerned as everyone else thought it may have been caused by grief. Julia always cheered me up after having a girls' night. We never got the chance to go camping again, but I was always having sleep overs at her house; building a blanket fort like a child would do, sleeping in it on a mattress. I had friends before, but no one could be as honest and kind as Julia. Her and Hwoarang remained strong, as did Jin and I. Although at times it was very hard living with him, I recognised how I it was only because of the amount of school work stress I had, he was a major distraction for me. What the best thing about school was that it finished earlier than the other year levels considering it was our last year. After the stress of mid-year exams, the end of year exams were a breeze, and I had felt that I had finally completed one complicated chapter of my life.