Chapter 24

I wake up realising I had slept passed dinner. I get up feeling the cold air, I change into my onesie and warm jacket before heading outside to see the other three around the camp fire.

"You seemed like you really needed the sleep. Here, we have cocoa and marshmallows." Julia refers to the small table beside her. I sit on the other side of the table next to Christie who was playing with her nails.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

"I shouldn't have either, I'm sorry Christie." A smirk occurs on her lips. She offers me a stick suggesting I put marshmallows on it.

"Did you end up getting a text from Jin?" Asuka asked, I check my phone and still nothing.

"No, maybe he needs space or something." I sigh.

"I think that's odd considering he's usually right onto checking up on you." Julia mentions, I shrug continuing to roast a marshmallow.

"Well, considering this is going to be a girl's week, we should do girly things." Christie stood up from her chair. She sauntered towards the tent, and comes back out with a hair brush.

"Who want's their hair braided?"

"Oh my god me!" I sit up properly. Christie lightly brushes my hair, it felt calming.

"Aya, what was it like to move to Japan?"

"Well, at first, I was scared. I've always wanted to go to Japan regardless, but to live here I think I was starting to feel a little homesick. When I first met Rika and Daichi, I was scared and lost. They were very welcoming, and I learnt a lot in just a short amount of time. I just hope one day I would find my real parents, I'm just worried I'll find out that they're actual evil."

"I doubt that would happen, I bet you have both of you parents qualities, it's just a matter of wanting to figure out what they were like."

"You're right, I'm over thinking it all."

"Hey tomorrow you know what we should all do?"

"What's that?"

"Go Kayaking! It's so much fun!" Asuka's suggestion sounded great.

"Of course, we can borrow Kayak's from the Main Office."

"We should also sleep in." I say slowly falling back asleep.

"Thank god I've finished, you're falling asleep."

"I don't even know why I'm this tired." I turn to Christie now working on Julia's hair. I realise my marshmallow was on fire, I blow out the flame, allowing it to cool before removing the charcoal skin, biting into the sticky and gooey goodness.

"Man I haven't had marshmallows like this for ages."

"Jun has a fire pit, we should totally do this more often." Asuka refers. I lean the stick against the esky.

"That sounds like so much fun."

"I think I might head to bed." I give an obvious yawn.

"Goodnight Aya."

"Night." In the tent, I change into warm pyjamas, making sure I was nice and cosy. Back down I go, and into my sleeping bag, I was out like a light quicker than I originally thought.

Clearly I was not the first one up, both Asuka and Julia were awake, quietly chatting outside the tent. I take a look at my phone as the brightness blinds me.

I hope your trip went well, I didn't want to bother you on your first night.

Love you and miss you already.

I smile at the thought of Jin's sweet text. I get up rugging up in my woolly jumper over my onesie.

"Oh good you're up!" Asuka piped up, I had smirked preparing myself a Black English-Breakfast Tea.

"Yeah, and I got a text off Jin too."

"What did it say?"

"He said he didn't want to bother me on the first night, and that he loves and misses me."

"Wow! That's so sweet!"

"It's weird seeing him in this loved up way." I cackle at that thought.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?"

"Well Asuka and I were just discussing and we thought we should go into the nearest town and do some exploring. They even have interesting clothes shops and little fun activities. Things like that."

"Sounds good Jules, I'll have to get ready if we want to leave soonish."

"It's just a matter of getting Christie up." Asuka rolled her eyes, although I'd hoped she wouldn't sleep in too much longer. I decided to grab something to eat for breakfast; a small bowl of choc-crunch cereal. In my opinion, it was the best kind of cereal to have when on holidays. I ate rather quickly, enjoying it far more than I had expected. I decided to get changed into my light denim jeans, long sleeve grey shirt and my black vest over the top. I chuck my hair up into a messy bun before heading towards the public bathrooms to brush my teeth. It wasn't long after when Christie was awake and dressed when I got back.

"Morning Chris, how are you this morning?"

"Not bad, I actually had the best sleep." We spoke for a little while before we all managed to finally get ourselves together and ready for the short journey. The drive was just listening to a mix of whatever song was most popular on the radio, singing and joking around, it was the most fun I had with a group of girls in a long time.

"Here we are!"

We all get out, deciding where to go or what to try on when arriving to different stores. It all went on for hours, we were having the time of our lives we didn't even realise the time. We all bought several things, clothing, food, games etc. It was so much fun. When we got back to our camping site, we sat down playing different card games like UNO and Euchre. We played for quite a long time, chatting and eating. The day went a lot quicker than what I had originally thought, and now I lay in my bed all warm and cosy in my sleeping bag, I shoot Jin a text message.

Hope you had a great day, I miss you xx

Straight away he sends a message back;

I did. Hung out with Hwoarang and played games all day. Miss you too.

From the lack of energy, it was in an instant that I fell asleep.