Chapter 25

It's hard when you think one day you'll wake up and think everything would be fine, going out and spending time with the people close to you. This morning I woke up with a bad feeling in my gut, as if something bad were to happen. It wasn't just a feeling, but an emotion of pain. I woke up and saw Julia outside on the phone; something really had to of happened.

"Okay Mom, I'll talk to you soon. I love you. Bye Mother." Julia hangs up the phone, her head down in sadness.

"Julia?" I hold her hand, she was about to stream tears.

"Aya I'm sorry, but we're going to have to cut this trip short. Something has come up."

"Okay, well I'll get the others up-"

"They're already up. They're just showering, you should do the same. We'll pack everything up."

"Oh okay, well I didn't really unpack, so I'll just put my suitcase in the back seat and come back after." Julia only nodded. I had no idea what was going on, all I could think was that something had happened to someone after my terrible gut feeling. Maybe one of Michelle's friends, or perhaps it was something else. I take my suitcase placing it in the back seat. I take spare clothes and toiletries with me to the showering quarters. I only had a quick shower because I knew it was urgent. The water was warming to the touch, it was a shame it was wasted away so quickly. I was fully packed, finished with everything, I finish helping the girls. It hadn't taken us as long as it did to put it up. I was still confused, even Asuka and Christie seemed down, I still had no idea what to expect or think. I was left out of the loop- do they think I'm too sensitive?

"Aya we're just going to the main office, just wait here." Julia practically told me to get in the car; of course I do and sit there, choosing what kind of music I should play on the drive home. I waited for a short while until Julia got into her car, and off we were. It remained quiet for around ten-fifteen minutes, but I had to break the silence.

"Julia what's going on?" She doesn't say anything, she furrows in sadness.

"Julia!"

"It's about Daichi."

"Daichi? What?"

"He had a heart attack and passed away." I just stare at her. Another loss. More pain. I lean back into my seat; I can't recover from what I had just heard. Everywhere I go, death is always following.

***

Back home, Julia had taken me home. I walk in; Rika standing up with relief of knowing I had returned. I saunter towards her, swinging my arms to give her the tightest squeeze I could. I begun wailing; as much as I felt Daichi and I weren't close, his lose was heartbreaking. All I wanted was to go to bed. I wanted to be with Rika, but at the same time I wanted to be left alone. When it was just the both of us home. I get under my blanket and lay there. I felt frozen and not knowing what to really believe right now. I continuously stay there, nothing at this moment could make me get up. Not even to see anyone else right now. The darkness of the room felt depressing; cold and icy. It was as if there were no happiness left, nothing left. I stay in the same position, drifting on and off here and there, not wanting to get up to do anything. Fatigue took over, and nothing but black under eyes and droopy eye lids could possibly be changed anytime soon.

I hadn't known what time it was, I check my phone and see dozens of messages; mainly from Jin. I just simply put down my phone and ignore the messages. I sit myself up, challenging myself to get up. I manage to do so, still on my clothes I wore from yesterday. I quickly go to the bathroom, using the toilet before washing my hands and checking my face, which was red from the silent crying. I saunter out, making my way down to Rika's bedroom to see how she how was coping.

"Rika?" I quietly ask, no response. I walk towards her.

"Rika? Are you awake?" still no response, "Rika?" I tap her slightly. I wasn't sure how to react at this very moment, I panic.

"Rika please wake up!" I shake her body ferociously, nothing. I kept calling her name, shaking and no response. I finally got the initiative to check for a pulse, I couldn't feel anything. I call the medics, scared to think both Daichi and Rika just gone from my life. I had felt it was the same pain all over again. Once they had arrived, they attempted to revive her. It was too late. Her body was covered, I sat out the front not knowing what to do now. That was until I had seen Jun and Jin both arrive. Jun was the first to squeeze me tight, soon after Jin wrapped his arms around me, not saying a word.

"I am truly sorry for your loss." One of the medics had come up to see how I was.

"Do you have a place to stay?"

"She can stay with us." Jun replied for me. Knowing how traumatised I was, the medic nodded.

"Very well. We will be in touch, if you would like could I please take your number?"

"Of course." Jun started writing down on a notepad which was provided.

"Thank you. Please stay safe." He walked away, Jin still holding my body tight walked me towards Jun's small silver car, I get in the back with Jin. The short drive was dead silent, no one was going to say anything. When inside her home, I sit down in Jin's bedroom, Jun walks in providing me with pyjamas.

"If you need anything at all, please talk to me." Jun's comfort was calming, she stroked a piece of hair behind my ear before leaving me to get dressed. Once I was dressed, I open the door, allowing Jin to come in.

"I'm so sorry this has happened to you." Soft spoken, he was rather calm and knew how to handle my sadness.

"I'll stay here with you." He pulls back the doona suggesting me to get in. Jin tucks me in before turning the light off and getting under the sheets beside me. I roll to my side, Jin wraps his arm around me, I felt safe. Safe from anything else from happening, yet anxious for anything could happen to anyone at the same time.

"I'll protect you at all costs, you'll be okay, I promise."

"Thank you... Jin." I whisper as a single drop leaked from my eye.