Chapter 5

"Hwoarang? I didn't expect it to be you!" I cover my mouth in utter shock.

"It's fine, I know what Xiaoyu is like, Kazama doesn't usually do shit about it, but Jules told me about him taking you back to his."

"Yeah, he saved my ass on that one."

"That's why I thought I'd save your ass back there too."

"You pulled me away?"

"Yeah, there's no way the new girl is getting expelled because of what she did."

"Thanks Hwoarang."

"No problem at all, oh I have to ask you something."

"What's up?"

"I-I think Jules likes me, but I'm not sure how to ask her out, you reckon you could give me some pointers?"

"Of course!" I smile at his grin. His red hair slicked back due to his goggles holding his hair back. He walks me back to class, I notice Xiaoyu was gone with Miharu, but Alisa stayed put. She stares nervously before looking away.

"Aya are you okay?"

"I'm okay, thanks." I answer Christie dropping myself down onto the chair. I knew something was up with Alisa, I could sense her dreadful emotions.

"Aya?" I hear a faint voice; I turn around watching Alisa stand beside me before sighing. When I looked up, all I see is a face of innocence, I don't think she was part of this at all.

"I'm sorry, I know what Xiaoyu did was wrong, I-I didn't think to stop her, and I knew it was wrong. I'm sorry." Alisa shuts her eyes; I could see her miserable eyes about to cry. I stand up taking her hand out of Alisa's utter shock.

"You had nothing to do with it, I know for a fact you didn't do it, there's no need to apologise for something you haven't done."

"But I-"

"Don't worry, everything's okay." I let go of her hand, the bell rings for the first break.

***

"Aya? What happened to your face?" I roll my eyes reluctantly sauntering towards Rika.

"It's nothing."

"Aya, no more fights! The second day of school and it's getting too much! No more!" Rika scolds me, I take it and move on. Up in my room lounging on my bed, I notice a text from an unknown number

Hey come meet at park

I thought it may have been Jin, or possibly Julia, but I guess I'll have to see who. I change from my school uniform to my dark blue skinny jeans, a white singlet crop top and a cargo green jacket, long with flat black boots. I let my hair out climbing quietly through the window and onto the grass. I walk for a whole song; Sugar Killer by Katie DiCicco arriving where I can see the back of the person.

"Um, Hey." I alert them, turning to face me.

"Hey Aya!"

"Hwoarang! I-how did you get my number?"

"Julia gave it to me." He winks walking along assumed I was to walk beside him.

"So, why did you text me anyway?"

"I need your help with Jules, she's amazing and I just don't know what to do or say, plus the formal night's coming up." He expresses more than a guy usually would.

"Oh okay, well I would suggest taking her out on an easy date, somewhere like the movies, it's not too formal, and it's nice enough to go out somewhere." Hwoarang looks at me as if it clicked.

"Come on, let's grab a drink, my shout." I felt bad, but something felt right. I walk along the streets of Yakushima with the Korean boy. We walk up, Hwoarang grabbing a Cola whilst I had a Juice.

"So, you like Kazama yeah?"

"Oh, I don't know, I basically just moved here." I shrug.

"Yeah, well Xiaoyu is a crazy bit-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, I don't want to talk about her." Hwoarang nods.

"I understand, oh theirs a Sushi Bar over there, my shout."

"Hwoarang wait!" He takes my hand pulling me along to get in line with him.

"What do you want?"

"I'll have the California Roll and a Teriyaki Chicken."

"Alright, hi could I please have two California Rolls, and Two Teriyaki Chickens please." Hwoarang asks the Japanese man.

"Sure, anything else?"

"No thanks."

"Sure thing, that comes to five Yen." Hwoarang pulls out his wallet handing over his cash.

"Thanks," Hwoarang and I walk off finding a table and chairs "So, what are your thoughts on Kazama? You think he may ask you the formal night?"

"I doubt it very much." I chuckle before taking bites out of the teriyaki chicken.

"He would be stupid not to." Hwoarang scoffs down his sushi waiting on me. We talked for ages, I gave him tips on dating whilst he couldn't keep his mouth shut about Jin. Hwoarang and I were down a couple of blocks from my house, and slightly out of sight I see Jin for a second before blinking and he was gone.

"Hwoarang did you see Jin?"

"Where?"

"Over there!"

"Nope. Damn Aya, you must be really into him!" Hwoarang gives me a wink just as I roll my eyes nudging him with my elbow.

"I could have sworn it was actually him."