28

I woke up in a coughing fit, I could feel something in my mouth and me being me I freaked out thinking it was a giant bug but what I pulled out was a piece of lunch meet, honey glazed ham to be exact.

I look up to see Keith, David, Henry and Sammy, all frozen in place. "Maybe if we don't move, she won't see us.." Sammy mumbles to the others.

"I told you guys this was a bad idea.." David whispered as I stared angrily at the group.

"Don't make any sudden movements.." Henry spoke quietly as they all stared wide eyed at me.

I let out my battle cry which caused them all to jump in surprise. I ran after them and they all scatter like roaches "I'M GONNA CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AND FEED THEM TO THE NEXT STRAY I SEE!" I scream angrily.

I run down the stairs and chase Henry and David towards the backyard. When we run out there's a bunch of guys with a barbecue going on, but did I care? No.

I run as fast as I can and eventually leap onto David. "WHO'S IDEA WAS IT?!" I scream as I hold onto his ears like a handle bar.

He yells out in pain "It was Henry's, I swear!"

I jump off of his back and pat his cheek "Thanks." I say with a smile before running off to look for Henry.

All of the other men watch as I bolted through the house. I noticed Sammy hiding in a group of the men.

As soon as I start to walk up Sammy books it and starts to run faster than Sonic. I run after him and jump from couch to couch before jumping on his back just like I did David.

"Tell me where he is and I'll spare you." I say calmly through heavy breaths. Sammy didn't speak so I tugged in his ears causing him to hiss in pain. "I've ripped off an ear before I'll do it again!"

"Fine Fine Fine! He's upstairs hiding in the room you were in!" Sammy panicked pointing up the stairs.

I ran up the stairs two steps at a time which was actually tough for me considering the fact that I'm fucking short.

I barge in and look everywhere around the room and come up empty handed, I open up the closet and find nothing, I stock my way to the bathroom and slam the door open.

"You'll never catch me alive!" Henry yelled before running passed me. I run after him and right when I'm about to grab him I'm grabbed and lifted off the ground.

"Let me go! I'm gonna kill the little bastard!" I screech. Henry walks back to me and makes his hand into an 'L' shape, puts against his four head, and sticks his tongue out at me.

"oH you liTtLe—" I say before struggling to get out of the persons hold.

I look behind me to see an unamused Emilio and I smile "If you could put me down that'd be great."

"Jacob wants to see you."

Within seconds I'm trying to get out of his grip to run to wherever Jacob is. My son. My bean. My little ray of sunshine.

"LET ME GO SO I CAN SEE HIM!" I yell angrily.

"I need to talk to you before we go in there." Emilio says before placing me on the ground but before I can dart away he grips onto my forearm.

We walk up the stairs and back into the room I woke up in. "Look, Jacob is in pretty bad shape right now."

I sigh and nod my head "All I need to know is if he's gonna make it, Emilio."

"He is, but he's in for a long road to recovery. When he was shot he was shot in his left kidney. Luckily he still has his right one but... he's gonna have to be on bed rest for a while."

It hurt my soul to hear what went on internally. I wanted to find the man responsible and rip his guts out while making him watch.

"We'll be going to my other house up north in a few days and this time I won't be stupid, I'll have my men at the gates like they were before, men around the perimeter, and this house you can train. There's a gym inside so you can—" I cut him off, not wanting to waste anymore time. "Thanks, for telling me, but I don't want Jacob alone any longer than he has to be." Emilio nods his head and we head to the infirmary.

Once I walk inside I say Jacob in bed while scrolling through his phone. I run towards him and hug him tightly around the neck but careful that I don't hurt him.

"I told you you'd make it" I told him. He hugs back and I can feel him nod.

I stand back and pull up a chair "I missed you so much. You're the only buffoon here who isn't a buffoon." We laugh a little and he smiles at me.

"I really thought I wasn't gonna make it, but I keep my promises." I nod my head at him in understanding.

"I-I'm sorry I scared you, Emi..." He voice cracked and my heart broke.

"Jacob you have NOTHING to be sorry for." I say as I grip his hand into mine.

"Keith told me how scared you were, he said he's never seen anyone so upset. He was scared that you would fall into a vengeful state and never come out of it just like—... never mind.." Jacob stopped talking as soon as he looked at Emilio behind me.

I looked back and rolled my eyes "Dude, a little privacy here?" Emilio huffed and rolled his eyes before walking out.

"What were you saying?" I ask as I face him once again.

"I can't say, it's not for me to tell." Jacob states and I simply nodded.

"So, Emilio tells me we're moving to a his other house... what's it like?"

•••