That's how she became my crush. It was an innocent infatuation. Asking her out was out of the question and highly impossible. We never really met and not that I'd do it but I doubt she'd notice if I messaged her on Facebook. She didn't know me.

Kaya lubos akong hindi makapaniwala nang mapansin niya ako. How could someone like her possibly notice someone like me? If this was a fairytale book, she'd be the princess and I'd be the lowly commoner. The only difference is in that book, the princess and the commoner would probably end up together.

Today 9:20PM

Jakob:
Hey, are you on your way?

I anxiously bit my lip and dropped my phone before I could send another text. I drummed my fingers on the table and looked around the place. Nasa gilid na table ako ng bar. I'm the only one who's sitting alone. Ayaw ko pa sanang pumasok sa loob pero natatakot ako na mawalan kami ng spot.

Malapit nang matapos ang unang performing artist pero hindi ko naman ito napanood nang maayos dahil panay ang tingin ko sa phone at entrance.

"Hello," someone greeted. My head quickly snapped to the sound of the voice. I saw three people standing near the table. Two guys, one girl. 'Yong babae ang nagsalita. She smiled. "May nakaupo ba d'yan? Pwede kaming maki-share?"

I grimaced. "Sorry. I'm waiting for someone."

Bumagsak ang mukha nila pero tumango rin ang babae. "Oh. Okay. Thanks."

Huminga ako nang malalim at muling kinuha ang phone. The screen lit up but there was zero notification. It's already 9:46PM.

Napakagat ako sa labi at biglang nakaramdam ng kaba. Did something bad happen? I didn't want to flood her with texts but I'm really worried.

Today 9:48PM

Jakob:
Are you okay? Please text me.

Jakob:
It's okay if you won't come. Just please text me if you're safe. I'm worried.

I waited for her text and for another hour or two;I wasn't sure. Nang matapos na ang pangatlong performance ay naisipan ko na umalis na lang. I emptied my third bottle and placed a five hundred bill on the table before leaving.

I drove home with a heavy heart. Walang text akong natanggap sa kanya kahit na nakauwi na ako at patulog na. I decided to send her another text.

Today 11:00PM

Jakob:
I hope everything's okay. Goodnight.

I knew it was too good to be true.

The next morning, there's still no text from Fabienne. Resigned, I kept my phone and resumed with my morning routine. I even ran an extra lap just to exhaust myself.

I just got out of the shower when my phone dinged from my bed. Halos takbuhin ko ang kama dahil doon. God, I'm pathetic.

My excitement died when I saw Noah's name. I grunted and checked his message anyway.

Today 9:40AM

Noah:
Bro, Kinsley's at the UST hospital. She overdosed last night. Just in case you wanna visit.

I didn't hesitate. I got dressed as quick as I could and rushed my way to the hospital.

Kinsley's like a sister to me and this was all too familiar. Pareho ang kaba na naramdaman ko nang matanggap ko ang tawag niya dati, the night Jasmeen died. I'd be damned if I lost another love one for the same reason.