Chapter Twelve

I left the library after exchanging numbers with Gavin. He said he'll text me once his schedule clears up. He also said he needs to ask for permission first if he can entertain a visitor in the mansion which I found really odd.

We have tight security, sure, but I never had to ask for permission to accept guests back when I was still alive. Hindi ko tuloy sigurado kung reason lang ba ni Gavin 'yon o totoong humigpit na ang security sa bahay namin.

Since my investigation regarding Gavin is still up in the air, I decided to check up on Silver again. I thought of a different approach.

After Kinsley's classes, I changed into one of her running attires. Pupunta ako sa complex na usual na kadalasang pinupuntahan ni Silver. I just hope he's there because the last time I tried to see him at the café was a big failure on my part.

It won't be a total waste even if Silver's not around though. I really planned to jog and exercise a bit to prepare for the swimming tryouts naman. I need to find out this body's endurance and stamina.

Kinsley's mother seemed happy that I'm slowly being an active body. Ipinaalam ko kasi rito ang plano kong pagsali ng swimming team. It surprised her because apparently, Kinsley's not that sporty. She's physically fit though. Based on the number of workout clothes in her closet, I can safely conclude that she's a gym-goer.

The sun's nowhere to be seen anymore but the sky was still bright when I reached the sports complex.

There was a few number of people in the complex. Some were jogging at the running track. Some were playing badminton at the grassy area. I ignored everything else and let my eyes travel to the soccer field.

A triumphant smile formed my lips when I saw Silver near the soccer goal. He's wearing a sleeveless black shirt and a soccer jersey shorts. He's playing with another guy who's taken the goalkeeper position.

Instead of heading over to where he is, I decided to let him find out on his own. I settled on a spot on the grassy area. Ibinaba ko muna ang armband at phone doon kasama ang car key. I began my warm-up routine.

While doing my stretches, I can't help myself but reminisce the past. Being part of the swimming team, we are required to go to the gym since it's part of our training. Well, I used to be a part of it... obviously, I'm not anymore since I'm already dead.

Before my sordid thoughts can pull me into abyss of grief, I picked up my things and wrapped my armband properly. I placed my earphones in my ear and pressed play. Once I'm all set, I ran.

Running is just as effective as swimming in blocking unwanted thoughts. My legs were sore and I was out of breath when I finally decided to stop running. I was so wrapped up with running that I forgot the main reason why I'm here.

As soon as I remembered Silver, my head snapped towards the field. I panicked a little when I failed to see him by the goal. I was still catching my breathe when I scanned the whole complex, turning my body as I do so. I froze, genuinely surprised when I found him standing close to me.

He looked amused and curious at the same time. His mouth moved but I didn't hear a thing. Naalala ko na may suot pala akong earphones. I pressed stopped and removed one earbud so I can hear him.

"Silver, you're here," I exclaimed.

"I was beginning to think that you weren't gonna stop," he laughingly said.

I feigned confusion and amusement. This whole thing is really testing my acting skills, huh. "What are you doing here?"

"Soccer." He nodded his head to the soccer goal. Hindi ko naman mapigilan ang mapatingin pa rin kahit na nakita ko na naman 'yon kanina. "Do you always go here? Parang ngayon lang kasi kita nakita."