Chapter Twenty-One

"What?" I gasped out in horror. "But Pen said..." I shook my head and stared at the cupcake with disbelief. My eyes were wild as I gazed back at his face. "Do you think..."

"That it was intentional? Yes." Jakob nodded. "But we can't conclude recklessly. There's a chance that they didn't know."

"Pen said it was a coconut cupcake." I stared at the cupcake with terror. If I consumed that cupcake, malamang ay inatake na naman ako ng allergy at sa hospital na naman ang bagsak ko.

"The killer would have realized beforehand that doing this is too easy to catch him or her red handed," Jakob grimly explained. He shook his head. "It's too obvious."

I understand what Jakob meant to say. If one of Kinsley's friends is the killer then it's such a bold and risky move because that'd draw my attention on either of them. It can't possibly be that easy.

The real killer is calculative. It's why he or she used the suicide stunt after all. It was the cleanest way to get away from murder or murders in this case.

There is a motive behind this move. This, I'm sure. The killer is aware that I'm allergic to nuts but he or she is also aware that I can easily be medicated. I don't think it's a ploy to kill Kinsley. Then what is this about? Could it be just another warning?

"But what if it's really one of them?" I asked. "A lot of things are pointing to Pen right now. The photos, the novel, this cupcake incident."

"We'll look into it, Fabienne. Just be extra cautious, okay?" Jakob calmly said.

I just nodded at Jakob. Dumating na rin ang pagkain namin kaya hindi na natuloy ang pag-uusap. I was too trapped in my own mind to even start a conversation with him.

There's so much connection that I can't just overlook it. She owns an instant camera. She knows about Kinsley's investigation. She also knew that I was allergic to nuts. Everything that she said about Kinsley's condition... it doesn't sit well with me.

If Pen is the killer... then what could possibly be her reason? What urged her to do such vile things? The fact that she's writing a novel based on these murders is enough to give me the creeps.

Natigil lang ako sa mga iniisip nang makakain na ng chicken wings. It was that good. Naparami nga ang kain ko. I didn't refuse when Jakob asked if I wanted an extra rice.

After eating lunch, we went to the meeting place. Sa isang burger food joint na malapit sa isang university. I've never been in this area before. Ang sabi ni Jakob ay dito nag-aaral si Tyrone.

According to Silver's file, Tyrone Choi is a twenty-three year old Korean-American. He was nineteen went to the Philippines with his family. He used to attend in our university but transferred here last year. Tyone and Jasmeen were together for a year. They broke up five months before Jasmeen's death.

The file already confirmed that Tyrone has a solid alibi the night of Jasmeen's death. Apparently, he was in South Korea that time. He attended his older brother's wedding. Photos from the wedding were posted in social media. The date and time is enough to conclude that it's impossible for him to be Jasmeen's murderer.

Plus, he's not studying in our university anymore. Wala siyang access sa loob lalo na sa oras na nahulog ako mula sa fifth floor. It's highly impossible for the culprit to be him.

Tyrone Choi is cleared. Hindi niya sa akin sinabi but it's most probably why Jakob allowed me to come with him in the meeting. Tyrone isn't a threat to my safety anymore.

Jakob ordered milkshake for the two of us while waiting for Tyrone. Hindi pa dumadating ang order namin ay dumating na rin si Tyrone. I immediately knew it was him when he entered the room. His features were very Korean.