Chapter Ten

The contents in this container are clues related to Jasmeen's death. I'm positive about it because why else would Kinsley place a print out of Jasmeen's last text? The very same text that she sent the night she died.

What are the polaroids for though? Who's the girl in the polaroids? The photos were candid shots of a really beautiful girl. Lahat ay mukhang hindi alam ng babae na kinuhanan siya. Some polaroids were closeup shots of body parts. A closed eye, lips, nose, hands... Looking at it and how it may be linked to a killer gave me the creeps.

And then there's the key. It's just a simple ordinary key with the brand engraved on the metal. Hindi 'yong nakikita sa movies na may kakaibang disenyo pa. What is this key for? Where can I use it to unlock something? And what will it reveal?

At bakit kailangan pa ilihim ni Kinsley ang pag-iimbestiga niya? Why hide the clues in her brother's things? Unless... she's hiding it from someone who has access to this house?

I got rid of the stuff from the container and tried to shake it. Baka sakaling may secret compartment pa o ano.

"Ate Jasmeen!" Nial suddenly exclaimed.

It made my heart drop and gave me goosebumps. I looked at Nial, expecting him to be looking at a ghost but he was staring at the polaroid instead.

"That's Jasmeen?" I asked Nial.

"Yes po, Ate." Nial looked sad. "I miss Ate Jasmeen."

If the girl in the polaroids are Jasmeen... then what does it mean? What does it have to do with the case?

I picked up the photos and turned it over to check the back part. Umasa ako na may nakasulat doon pero nabigo lang ako. It's just photos.

Maybe the right question is who took it? Does it have to do with whoever 'Crazy' is?

I thought of Penelope's novel. The protagonist mentioned that the only person who they call 'Crazy' is Hannah's ex-boyfriend. Does it mean the 'Crazy' that Jasmeen was referring to in real life is her ex-boyfriend? Or maybe I'm just reading too much?

Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa kakaisip. I'm already struggling with solving my own murder. Now, I have another killer to find just to solve Jasmeen and Kinsley's case!

There's already a pattern in their case. Parehong sa sariling dorm ang crime scene, which means the list of suspects will immediately narrow down to those who has access on the place. Someone close to them. I have to be really careful about this because the killer could just be around me.

I already know that this is going to be harder than my own case. I can't event think of possible suspects aside from Jasmeen's ex! Kung totoo ang nasa novel at kung meron nga siya no'n. I don't know anything about Kinsley. Ang pamilya niya at ang dalawang kaibigan lang ang kilala kong malapit sa kanya talaga.

I'm torn between solving my own case and solving their case. Hirap na nga ako sa paghahanap ng killer, nadagdagan pa ng isa. Sumasakit talaga ang ulo ko!

"Ate, I'm sleepy," Nial announced, pulling me out of my own thoughts.

Napatingin ako sa kanya at napansin ang pamumungay ng kanyang mga mata. Huminga ako nang malalim at iniligpit ang mga gamit pabalik sa lalagyanan nito.

I looked at Nial who was watching me with his sleepy eyes. I smiled at him. "Can we keep this a secret again, Nial?"

"Are you going to give me another cookie?" he innocent asked me with wide and hopeful eyes.

Tumawa ako at tumango. "I will."

"Okay!" he happily exclaimed.

"Alright. Go to sleep."