Chapter 11

Melanie's POV
______________

This was it. My turn to face mobs. Skeletons. Fuck. Fuck this. Honestly, I don't care. I'll just do what needs to be done. I waited for the horn to sound. As soon as I heard it, my senses started kicking in again. I ran to the far corner and jumped in a ditch. At the same time, an arrow whizzed by my head. Shit. That was close.

"Why did there have to be fucking skeletons? God damnit Herobrine."

I peeked through leaves and there were three skeletons watching the front. There were two more up ahead. That seemed to be it for wave 1. Here I go. I was on all fours and decided to chuck the shield over to the other side like a frisbee it skidded off one of the walls and decapitated a skeleton. That caused them to turn away from me and check it out. They congregated, the four of them, around the shield. Finally, I caught up to them and decapitated all of them. Wave 1 complete.

Another horn sounded and immediately, I grabbed one of their bows and looted a handful of arrows. I also picked up the shield and saw another place of cover. I listened closely to the clank of bones as they were getting closer. To my left, I saw one. Immediately, I jammed my shield into their skull, shattering it. Next, on my other side, I saw them ready to fire. Finally I let out a growl and swung my sword to hear three 'ping's. The arrows flew off of my sword and back at them. Three more dropped to the ground.

I really didn't know how many I had left. However, they were only on my left. Arrows kept hitting the shield as I kept getting closer. After a second, there was a pause yet, I let my senses kick in and their bows were pulled back with arrows on the end. I decided to hold out my sword as a target. As predicted, they hit it as the arrows deflected to the ground. Immediately, I opened myself up and chopped them all in half. I looked down at the damage and four skeletons were dismembered.

I heard two more knocking their arrows. They fired and I ducked. However I saw two more drop. I looked behind me and two skeletons were impaled. I noticed I had two left, so I ran at them and with one swift motion, chopped them up and finally the horn sounded. Wave 2 over.

I looked up at Kelli. She smiled at me. Katie was surprised at what she saw. I bet no assassin could do that.

"What do you got?!" I demanded. "I could go all day."

The horn sounded and wave 3 was on. This time, they came out from every direction. Shit. However, I had a plan. Every one was in sight of each other and they were aiming at me per usual. I dropped my shield and waited, holding my sword like a softball bat.

"Melanie, what the fuck are you doing?!" Hayden screamed from the glass window in a floor above me.

"I know what I'm doing." I called back.

They were knocking their arrows one at a time, and I followed the pattern they were going in. I took a deep breath and waited looking like I was batting righty. Next thing I knew, one by one, they started firing. On instinct, I swung the sword, like my Louisville Slugger Xeno that I had back home and actually followed through, spinning around in the process. In seconds all of the skeletons dropped like flies, each with an arrow in their head. The horn sounded. Wave 3 over.

I just had to make it to wave 5 and I'd automatically win. One more left. It could determine if it will make or break me.

...

Hayden's POV
______________

"Holy shit. She just did that." I spat. "How?"

Kelli shook her head. "She's not like this in my dimension. I don't know what she gets it from."

Katie scoffed. "Oh please. Are you sure she's even human in your dimension?"

Kelli's head shot in her direction. "Yes, as a matter of fact. So shut the fuck up and watch. You're making it harder to enjoy than it actually fucking is."