Chapter 9

Melanie's POV
______________

It was 8:30 PM. And we heard a car park in the front parking lot. Kelli just finished bagging the last order and giving it out to the customer. As they were driving away, she immediately teleported to the ice machine to grab more ice.

"Kelli. Watch the teleporting. A customer might see you." I spat.

Spot spoke up. "Yea, Kelli. We don't want the cameras picking that up."

"I'm lazy ok?" Kelli whined.

Then we heard another male voice coming from the lobby. "Then what's the fun in that, coming from experience?"

We looked up. There was Herobrine, yet his eyes turned to his brown disguise.

Kelli was thrilled. "Hero what are you doing here?"

"Checking in on you guys. Plus imma get a shake."

"What kind?" I asked.

"I'll go with the chocolate m&m."

"Good choice, coming right up." Kelli said as she teleported to the shake machine."

He laughed as I was cleaning down the counter. "Is she always like this?"

I laughed nervously. "Not when Rob is around. She's so intimidated by him."

"Well, he is the district manager." He replied. "I wouldn't be surprised. Do they all know about this?"

I nodded. "They're fascinated."

"That's cool, but if they see Null then neither you nor Kelli should take his order. Ask Spot or Eric to do it. He'll feel intimidated."

"Good to know. We have three hours left. End our suffering."

He laughed. "I wish I could, but I don't work here."

Next thing I knew, Kelli handed him the shake and went through the black swinging door to meet him. She gave him a warm hug.

"I hate this shift." She whined.

"You can come back to the dimension once you're done. Where are you guys going to meet up?"

"We planned on going to our separate houses and going in through our individual computers." Kelli explained. "Then we would meet up at my place in the dimension."

They pulled away from each other. Kelli did look tired. I really didn't blame her. She used up a lot of her energy teleporting around the damn kitchen.

Then Herobrine turned his attention towards me. "May I borrow your Fitbit?"

I was taken aback. "That was random."

"No, really. I have a plan involving your Fitbit. I'm gonna put it on your Minecraft form."

"What do you plan its purpose to be?"

"It should help you control it better." He meant the part mob thing.

I was so worked up about it last night. I lost a lot of sleep over it. I was told that I transformed in my sleep apparently. And then I had to transform back in the morning because I looked in the mirror and saw the damn wolf ears. I can't wait until I'm able to just show it off to the town without the fear of Null trying to ruin everything for me. The trauma of his actions coming back is the worst feeling ever.

"Honestly, I think I can get through no problem, but yeah, you can take my Fitbit. You can take it into the world with you." I finally replied.

Taking off the pink band, it left my wrist with irritation patches on my skinny wrist; compared to my dominant hand.