Chapter 5

Delaney's POV
_______________

I screamed at the top of my lungs. "What could go wrong? Basically everything, Kelli. Herobrine and I are worried about you."

Kelli nodded. "Yea, I get it. I'm worried too. I just feel I need to do this. However, I just dont know what's driving me. You know guys? Let's just get our mind off of this for once. Let's head out, get some ice cream, my treat."

I face palmed. "Change the subject now, do ya?"

"To get our minds off it in the human world so no one finds us crazy?"

"Now that you put it that way..."

Herobrine got in between us. "Alright girls. Let's just head to Dairy Queen and get ice cream."

I was confused. "Since when have you heard of this ice cream?"

"Kelli introduced me to it." He replied. "Honestly, we need to find a way to make it in Minecraft."

"Why don't we just go?" Kelli insisted. "There's cameras in the school. I just don't want to be watched. They saw me being thrown at the wall. They knew I wasn't behind it. Apparently, the one who started it was caught on camera, but he disappeared for the rest of the year."

I thought for a moment. "Maybe that's why he ended up in our town. You were telling me about how injured you were."

"Exactly. He wanted to frame me, but I guess they've given up."

"Not surprising." Herobrine remarked. "Knowing them, their camera footage revealed the whole thing, but when he vanished, they stopped trying. Anyways, let's head out."

I followed Kelli and Herobrine out the doors to the school. The parking lot was more empty that when we got here. How long were we there? It was just us and the receptionist, and both cars were in the parking lot. Herobrine and I followed her to her car and I got in back and he got in the front passenger seat. As I put my seatbelt on, the car started and I watched Kelli pull out of the parking lot successfully.

I broke the silence once she went onto the backroads. "So where are we going?"

"My work." She replied blankly.

Herobrine turned towards her. "Wait, why your work? I thought you said we're getting ice cream."

"My manager might know a thing or two. She's a minecraft fanatic."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Melanie. She is one of the shift managers who trained me. She's 18 and she just graduated from the school we went to."

"She graduated?" He asked.

"Yea, it's 2019. She's the one who called me up to catch for her this past season. Since her pitcher graduated before she did."

"Oh yeah. I know her. She protected us from the cheerleaders."

"Yup."

"So, what are you two implying?" I asked.

After parking in the parking lot, she turned back to me. "She's our best bet into getting information. And even better, she could help us."

I looked up at a sign that read: Burger King. I kept going at her with questions.

"You work with food?"

"Yea."

"Do you get free meals?"

"I barely eat while I work. But we can get something since we haven't put any food in our systems."

"Are you a manager like Melanie?"