shoes

Jungkook was giddy the entire week, he'd been invited by his soulmate to his house! This was a completely new step in a relationship, growing one at that, for the boy.

He peered out through his window wearing black fitted pants with a cute graphic tee, shallow is what it read. He had tucked it into his high waisted pants with a belt.

He thought he looked nice, and decided to throw on some cherry chapstick for his lips, giving a very subtle tint. He liked the way he looked, and he really was proud of it. The only problem would come when girls fawned over him, and really having to tell them that he was gay was the biggest struggle.

He locked the doors behind him and waited for Taehyung to pick him up and drive him there. Taehyung was coming too, since Namjoon said he could bring a plus one cause he figured it would take some time for Jungkook to actually warm up to his group of friends.

The boy waited outside his apartment complex, shifting his head over to a honk. His eyes brighten and his lips form a small smile as he prances over to the car.

"I see you Jungkook," Taehyung smiles, punching the younger lightly on the shoulder. Jungkook's face flushes, glancing at the window to see the sky. He loved the night. The stars, the darkness, and the moonlight. He adored it all.

He'd always wanted to go camping, but didn't have the money to go. It was a resolution, he really hadn't told anyone because he thought it was too— simple. The more he thought about it, he really did think about majoring in astronomy. The beauty of the night inspired him the most.

The car came to a halt, stopping at a house. It was just like what Jungkook had imagined, a small earthy home, with an arch of vines. Walking through, sereneness was the first thing that came to mind. His mouth was agape, Taehyung slightly smiling at his friend. Taehyung wasn't new to the little things that the younger appreciated in life.

Knocking on the door for a while, Jungkook realized that the door was already open. He probably had been the last one there if the door was still open, or who knows he may have been the first one there. The two boys took in the interior, very home like, he missed home. He hadn't had a home for a while really, and Taehyung was the closest thing to home for him.

The lights on the ceiling led to the living room with a group of boys sitting in a circle, a few of them he recognized. And it seemed that Taehyung had recognized almost all the boys there.

"Hey Jungkook, and you must be Taehyung! Glad you could make it, join us we were just having a few beers." Namjoon explains, motioning for them to sit down in the circle.

Taehyung's eyes brightened at a boy with midnight, black hair. "Hey Jimin! I didn't think I'd see you here. Also hey Jin and Yoongi, who knew you guys were all acquainted?" Taehyung greets.

The boys smile and introduce themselves to Taehyung and Jungkook. Apparently another one of Namjoon's friends, Hoseok was way into dancing. So he thought maybe they could go with each other to practice. The new people and feelings excited Jungkook.

"So how'd you guys meet?" Hoseok asks, a bright smile on his face, as he takes a swig of his beer.

Jungkook whips his head over to Namjoon, not really sure what to say. It was an interesting meeting, but it probably wouldn't set well with Namjoon. The two sort of just stared at each other for a few seconds, almost as if they were trying to communicate through telepathy.

Jin gives Namjoon a look and chuckles, "Are you guys going to answer or?" Namjoon waves the question off by giving out food and turning on some music.

Jungkook also just laughed it off, his gaze wandered over to his feet. He had worn light blue socks with a star pattern. It wasn't long before he realized that Namjoon and Jin still had their shoes on. In their own house. Shoes in a house!

Jungkook's eyes wavered from Namjoon's face and Namjoon's shoes. Namjoon seemed confused for the most part.

"Everything alright Jungkook?" Namjoon asks as he brings out a large plate of nachos and guacamole.

"Yeah, no actually, who in the living hell wears their shoes in their own house?" Jungkook practically muses as his eyebrows furrow.

"I don't know," Namjoon stuffs a chip into his mouth. He continues, "Might be a gay thing."

A chorus of shouting was heard, Jungkook soon joining in that he was gay himself. It soon became a debate of wether it should be allowed to wear shoes in a house.

"It makes no sense to wear your shoes inside the house," Jimin says, taking a sip of his wine. Glancing over to Yoongi who looked like he opposed.

"No. That's not true. If you have nice shoes wouldn't you like to look at them?" Yoongi argues.

Jungkook chimes in, "Okay well, if you have a nice house wouldn't you want to keep it clean?"

A large ohhh sound was made from Hoseok, who really wasn't sure what side of the conversation he was on.

Namjoon sighs, "Alright I'll take my shoes off, happy?" He plops down onto the couch next to Jungkook. Jungkook seemingly surprised from the action.

***

The group finally calmed down, but by this time Hoseok was already completely drunk. It was clearly obvious from the beginning he had been a total lightweight.

Jin told a joke, finally one that had been funny. Jungkook's eyes crinkled and his laugh very loud. Namjoon also found the joke super funny apparently.

So funny that he slapped Jungkook's thigh instead of his own knee.

There was a thick silence in the room, an awkward one at that. "Sorry," Namjoon shouted, scurrying away to the kitchen.

A/n: hope people like this book, I'm trying to be more descriptive in setting which is something I really lack :/

How was ur day u guys?