invitation

A/n: you guys are the coolest we're almost at 100 reads!! 🥺🥺 Also sorry for not updating I went to the nct concert

It had been a month or so, Jungkook continued to see Namjoon and he continued to hear the ringing. He just hadn't been talking with his soulmate as much, maybe this was the closure that the boy never knew how much he needed.

He was attached, and falling in so deep that he couldn't bare not to pay attention. The ringing of bells wasn't sweet sounding anymore, it was chaotic, driving Jungkook insane. He knew he had to do something about what was going on, but he wasn't sure about how to approach it either.

Jungkook really hadn't done much research, but what he could tell was that the bells were a double-edged sword; a curse and blessing at the same time. Jungkook had known this for a while and maybe it was time to ask Taehyung for help, because it really was hard trying to approach Namjoon.

School was just ending, finals had finished a couple weeks ago and Taehyung left to his hometown, Daegu, to visit his family. And Jungkook didn't know what to do. He actually felt pretty lonely, he hung out with some of Namjoon's friends, but that was it.

He sat down in the midst of the college campus, in a grassy area in the shade underneath the tree, looking up at the blue sky. The stars weren't out, but he still felt a little bit better. Out of his peripheral view he saw a tall man, he didn't pay much attention.

Instead, he closed his eyes and rested his head and back on the tree trunk, letting out a small exhale. His vision blurred and turned black, soon enough the boy was sleeping.

***

Jungkook woke up from his nap, groggily stretching and glancing around. It seemed that it was around three in the afternoon, so he took about an hour nap. He noticed something peculiar, there was a small envelope on his lap. Slowly unfolding the paper, he came across a hand written letter.

The bells came again, not aggressive, or annoying. They were sweet sounding and melodic.

The letter wrote:

Hey Jungkook, I know we haven't talked in a while. And I do admit I was avoiding you, you see I'm- or I was- really conflicted. I didn't know how I felt about you, and after some digging and you talking about ringing. I think that's when it clicked, you must be dealing through all this pain. But I can't say I'm not either, I don't hear the painful ringing that you do. I feel differently, but we face the same problem. So let's conquer it together. Come to my house for the end of the year party, this weekend.

Sincerely,
N.J

Now Jungkook wasn't that stupid, he obviously knew it was Namjoon. A party sounded like fun, he really didn't have much to do anyway. And maybe this would be a chance for him and Namjoon to clear things up.

***

The day had come, the day of the party, even the day of closure maybe, or the day where explanations were going to be revealed. Jungkook anticipated it all, and he knew what he was getting himself into. This would be his first proper college party, luckily not in a dorm, but in a house that Namjoon owned.

He was anxious, scared was a little more on the extreme side, but anxious and a little nervous would be the right way to explain the way he was feeling at the moment.

He wore some jeans and a plain, white shirt. He wasn't one to go all out when it came to dressing up because most of the time he was in sweats anyway. He saw many cars as he passed by Namjoon's house, way too many for his own liking. He sighed and parked about a block or so from his actual house.

It was a cold night, but the stars were always there for him. Through thick and thin Jungkook knew that the stars would never betray him, and maybe that was why he loved them do much.

The door was wide open, to his house, red and blue mood lights dimly lit up the interior. Music played from outside and reverberated inside, people were drunk already. There hadn't been many people inside, Jungkook expected that most of the people were outside; his assumptions were correct.

He had been over to Namjoon's house a few times, but they never went out to the backyard. The backyard was as home-like as the entrance. Shrubs and trees covered the edges of the backyard and tea lights hung from the patio cover. The only problem was that, there were way too many people there for his liking. Like way too many people. It looked like a hundred people had been shoved in a small area. Jungkook wasn't exactly sure how he was going to talk with his soulmate in this huge mess.

He sat on the steps of the entrance to the backyard, holding a plastic cup of water in his hand. He didn't enjoy it much, is this what Namjoon had wanted? To make him feel uncomfortable?

He sighed looking up at the stars once again, lightly smiling and identifying the Big Dipper. Someone fell next to him, not fell but it was an awkward fall, they stared Jungkook for a moment. Their chest heaved and their hair was a complete drenched of sweat.

"Hey Jungkook, I'm glad you came," The man said as he spoke between breaths, holding onto Jungkook's shoulder for support.

"I guess. Hey Namjoon, I'm not really sure why you're here or why you invited me here." Jungkook deadpans, swirling the liquid in his cup more.

"Come with me," Namjoon says, grasping Jungkook's hand and leading him to the patio on top of the garage.

"I think you might like it," Namjoon smiles.

Jungkook didn't just like it, he loved it. The view was outstanding, he could see the stars and the lights that decorated hundreds of buildings miles in front of him.

Jungkook's eyes meet Namjoon's, looking at him for a few moments. He couldn't take in how amazing Namjoon was, he wore specs and a tank top.

"Thank you," Jungkook mutters.

"I'm glad to see you, and I hope we can clear things up between us," Namjoon replies, wrapping Jungkook in a hug.

Jungkook feels his heartbeat accelerate, going at one hundred miles per hour. He feels a soft pair of lips on his forehead, immediately blushing.

"We'll figure this out together," The elder softly states.