13 | regrets

"do you guys ever heard about this quote; 'pinag-tagpo pero 'di itinadhana'?" yerim asked out of the blue as they looked at her in confusion.

she smiled and diverted her sight to the two.

"you do like a same girl, don't you? but there's this someone that seems like would be the one for her."

"yeah, actually. i've already told you about this." renjun, looking down while rubbing his neck.

and it made jaemin more confused, looking at his friend. so are they not together? he thought.

"so what does that p-pinag- uhh.. what?" jaemin asked.

"pfft you're cute." she told him, laughing a little.

"that's what it means?" the boy asked.

"no i was just complimenting you." she asnwered and laughed again.

"so what was it?" renjun asked.

"met but not destined or fated. it's like, loving someone, almost thinking that you guys will end up together but not really, destiny didn't chose you." she explained with them both getting 'ooh'ed.

she might like me, i've met her and i already have this what i feel, but not fated to be with, ugh life sucks. renjun thought

she made me feel different, she met me, but she's not for me, she met renjun, but she's not for him either i guess, how about hyuck? nawh i don't think so too. jaemin also thought.

"you know what, i don't believe in the what they so called destiny, that's not even true, we can always make our own fate, we're just the one who's making our own life stories." jaemin said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"i.." renjun raised up his index finger, "..disagree."

"me too." the girl said.

"cause if we really can, i should've just went in time on the airport a year ago, i should've just told her what i really felt for her, until now i can't, and i know there's always a reason behind that." renjun stated.

"yeah that is called 'REGRETS' and you're just such a gay that's why you couldn't tell her, come on dude we're in college already and you still can't confess to your crush? brUh." jaemin hissed making renjun roll his eyes.

"anyways, don't you have any plans? how about now? you know it's really romantic when you have a beach date, or go star gazing with her, and then kiss her, that feels more than words." yerim said, fantasizing and looks more excited than the boy.

"i don't think if that'd work. she told me she needed to take a break, from either donghyuck or renjun." jaemin spat, now reading the girl's books.

"but there's no risk in trying." she simpered.

"there is, rejection is." renjun said, sighing and making his back all comfort in his bed.

"rejection is better than regrets. if only i confessed, i should've known the result, blah blah blah, you'll regret forever, renjun." said yerim while shaking her head.

"maybe you're right." the boy mumbled.

"i hundred percent agree." jaemin said, nudging yerim.

renjun sat back up, messing up his hair and later on going to the bathroom.

"hey, i'm just really curious about you guys, seohyun mentioned me that she had an encounter with you and you said renjun is your boyfriend, what are you guys really?" jaemin asked the girl as they were left by renjun.

"oh that, we're not really something or whatsoever, i just said that because i didn't know seohyun was the girl he was always talking about, the girl that he really really liked. he's really just like a boyfriend or perhaps a brother to me." she explained, smiling.

"woah, i never knew. he never even mention that he have a friend like you."

"oh maybe because i just came back from the philippines after studying there, we're actually friends and neighbors back in china." she told him which resulted him to 'ooh' while nodding.

"renjun is taking long in the bathroom." he stood up and got out of the room to call his friend.

but there wasn't someone in the bathroom as he got there. he went to the veranda where everything can be seen from the ocean.

and there, he saw and he knew it was them, walking under the dim light of the moon and feet bumping with the sand and shore.

he smiled, "i just wish she'd be happy to whoever she is fated with. and i'd be happy for my hyung too."