Chapter Twenty|New Name

After almost an hour, Optimus called for a ground bridge. We don't say anything, we just open one. And when Optimus and the other comes through, they are less than thrilled with what happened.

"Historia, that was very unwise of you to allow this plan to go through", Optimus says, unhappiness filling his voice.

"I only did what I thought was best!" I snap. "Everyone here at base agreed to it, including the two it concerns most."

We've been arguing like this for the better part of an hour.

"Historia, it was still unwise", Optimus says. He was going to say something else but I cut him off.

"We have a chance to revive Cybertron! This is the best plan we've had for years, Optimus! Or do you think we should have just ignored the chance to get our homeworld back?!"

Optimus sighs. "I just wish you had consulted me about it."

I had been glaring at him, but I finally just chose to give up. I turned to walk away, only stopping to say one last thing."

"I thought you said the Autobots trusted my judgement. That includes you, does it not? Apparently not, because you don't seem to trust my judgement", I growl, before storming off. I was just wandering around when I heard a small, tired voice.

"Mommy?"

I turn to see Kathy. "Hello, my little butterfly. How are you?"

"Still a bit tired", Kathy says as she rubs her eyes. "But I heard you and Daddy arguing."

"Daddy?" I ask, shock filling my voice.

"Mm-hmm. Optimus is my daddy. Primus said he was."

I stare at the little girl, before smiling softly. She transforms into her Cybertronian form and lifts her arms up. I pick her up, and cradle her like a sparkling.

"What were you and Daddy arguing about?"

"Nothing important. I just... I made a decision he wasn't happy about, and we argued over it", I whisper.

"Hmm.. you should go apologize", Kathy says. I smile softly.

"Maybe I will, my little butterfly", I hum thoughtfully. "However, I've been putting some thought into your name, and I came up with either Cascadia or Cascade."

Kathy optics light up in happiness. "Cascadia!"

I smile. "Let's go tell Daddy, shall we?"

Cascadia grins and I carry her to the main room, before setting her down. She runs over to Optimus, and touches his pede.

"Daddy, Daddy, guess what! I have a new name. I'm Cascadia!"

Optimus looks down in shock before looking up at me. I only smile innocently and gesture to the young femme by his pede. He leans down, and picks her up before smiling.

"Cascadia is beautiful name", Optimus says. Cascadia grins.

"Mommy picked it out for me!" I smile happily at the name she gave me. Never had I thought I would be called that. 'Mommy'. I smile happily before walking over to Optimus and Cascadia.

"Mommy, I was telling Daddy about my new name!" Cascadia grins. I grin back at her.

"Were you?" I ask with a smile, before looking up at Optimus.

"Mm-hmm! He thinks it's a... it's a... what was that word again, Daddy?"

"Beautiful", Optimus says as he looks back at the femme in his arms.

"Yeah! That word!" I smile at the little femme.

"Your mother did a very good job at coming up with your name, Cascadia", Optimus murmurs before looking at me.

Elita comes over to us, and Cascadia grins. "Auntie Elita!!"

Elita grins happy. "Hey Cascadia! Why don't you come play with your Auntie?"

"Okay!" Cascadia says before scrambling out of Optimus arm into Elita's. I smile softly before looking up at Optimus.

"Historia, may we talk?" Optimus asks. I nod and follow him to a more private area.

I spoke first. "Optimus, I'm sorry for not checking with you to make sure my plan was alright with you."

I looked down at the ground. However what Optimus says next surprises me.

"And I am sorry for not trusting your judgement so soon after saying I trusted it. Your judgement has always proven sound in the past, there was no reason for it not to be now", Optimus murmurs, moving closer to me.

I smile softly as I look up at him. "Let's try not to argue more in the future, yeah?"

"Agreed", Optimus murmurs. "Now do you mind explaining to me where Cascadia got the idea that I was her father?"

"Apparently while she was sleeping, Primus came to her dreams again, and told her you were. So... now you have deal with being her father, I guess."

Optimus smiles. "Only if I have you by my side in taking care of her."

I smile. "Of course you will. I am her mommy after all. But you have to stay by my side as well."

Optimus starts to lean down, and my spark flutters. Is he...? I don't get a chance to finish that thought because I realized I was reaching up to kiss him. Our lips met for a brief period of time, and when we seperated, we were both smiling.

"Now you definitely can't leave my side", I whisper.

"I won't", Optimus whispers in return.

"Promise?"

"Promise."