Chapter Nine|Nightmare

I ran happily to where Megatronus and I had been staying together. As I entered the area, I noticed Megatronus waiting for me.

"Where were you?" he growls. I grin at him.

"Megatronus, guess what! I got a job!"

"You what?!!!!" I flinched backwards. I had expected him to be happy for me... so why was he angry with me...?

"I got a job... at a museum", I whisper. Megatronus growls, and before I can register what was happening, a sharp, stinging pain erupts across my cheek. I gasp in shock as I slowly look back at Megatron.

"I... I thought..." I trailed off, unable to finish. However, Megatronus knee what I meant.

"You thought I loved you? How foolish are you?" Megatronus laughed evilly and I felt lubricant leaking from my optics. "Oh, it appears I was right. You actually thought I could care for someone like you? Ha! That's funny!"

I let out a sob. "But... you protected me from my tormentors... Especially the one known as D-16..."

Laughter filled my audio receptors. "You don't understand do you? I am D-16."

I sat up with a start. I shudder softly as I realize what that dream was about. It was the day my spark was broken. I choked back a sob, burying my face in my servos.

I could still hear his laughter in my ears. "Shut up, shut up", I murmur. The laughter only got louder.

"Get out of my head!" I cried out, standing up as I do so, clutching my helm. I collapsed to the floor, sobbing, trying to forget the memories but to no avail. They kept coming back and all the while I could hear his laughter.

I whimpered softly, vaguely aware of the door opening. It was only when I was touched that I jumped up.

"Don't touch me, Megatronus!"

It was only when I said those words that my vision became clear and I saw Optimus standing in front of me. My sobs started up again as I realized what had happened and this time, I allowed Optimus to come closer to me, and pull me close to him.

I sobbed into his shoulder, him whispering sweet nothings to me in an attempt to comfort me and calm me down.

"Shh, shh. It's okay. I'll protect you", Optimus whispers. He continued to whisper things like that until I finally calmed down enough to speak.

"Do you wish to talk about it?" Optimus asks. I immediately shake my head.

"No. I don't want to remember any longer than I have to", I whisper.

"I have found that sometimes it helps to talk about nightmare instead of bottling them up. Especially if the nightmare has something to do with the past", Optimus murmurs, still holding me. I sigh before telling him what happened. All the while, we just stood there, him tracing patterns into my back. I have to admit, that was helping a lot. As well as just being so close to him.

Wait... I'm really close to Optimus Prime. I quickly step away before looking at Optimus.

"I didn't wake you, did I?" I ask, worried.

"No. I was already awake due to... my own nightmare", Optimus admits. I blink. The great Optimus Prime has nightmares?

"Do you... want to talk about it?" I ask. Optimus shakes his head. I smile softly.

"You know... someone I really look up to told me that it sometimes helps to talk about nightmares. Especially if it has to do with the past..." I say with a small smile, before growing worried. "But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to! You could talk to Ratchet or someone-"

Optimus cut me off by grabbing my servo gently. "I understand, Historia. There is no need to worry."

I chuckle uncomfortably. "I wasn't worried. I just... okay, yeah I was worried..."

I look down at the ground before speaking again. "I worry a lot..."

"And that makes you special. Even if it can get you into some intriguing situations, it makes you special",  Optimus spoke. He stepped forward just a small bit, closing the gap between us.

I was getting really nervous because this is the fourth time something similar to this has happened this month, and it was scaring me because I had no idea what I was doing.

He started leaning closer to me, and I felt my cooling fans turn on. Optimus seems to realize this as well because his mouth worked up into a smile as he stepped away from me.

"It seems you have a need to get better control of your emotions, Historia", Optimus murmurs, before exiting the room.

What the frag is that supposed to mean?