Chapter Twenty-Two|Injuries

We are currently in Kaon, standing just past the statue of Megatron, which is where Bee wanted to be made into a warrior. I was standing a slight ways behind Optimus, with Cascadia on my hip. The rest of the Autobots where standing behind a ways behind Bumblebee, listening to Optimus speak.

"We have endured bitter hardship and countless battles... but at long last, our home planet has been restored. We would not be standing on Cybertronian soil were it not for the valiant efforts of both those assembled here... and our absent comrades ... Ratchet and Elita-One, who remain on Earth to safeguard our human friends, and Cliffjumper, who made the ultimate sacrifice. But on this day, at the dawn of a new era, we gather to bestow a special honor ... one earned by Bumblebee. Through his bravery and devotion to the cause of peace, long before, he rid this universe of the scourge of the Decepticon warmonger. In the company of your fellow Autobots, in the presence of our creator, Primus, the living core of our planet, and by the authority vested in me by the Matrix of Leadership, Bumblebee..." Optimus paused to tap Bumblebee on his shoulders with the Star Saber. "...arise a warrior."

While the other bots congratulated Bumblebee, Optimus walked back to me and Cascadia, and smiled before looking back to the Autobots, the smile disappearing. I sigh, knowing what's coming. Optimus had spoke to me of it last night, after Cascadia was asleep.

"I am sorry to interrupt your celebration", Optimus speaks, walking towards them. "but I must take my leave of you."

"Sir, may I ask why?" Ultra Magnus asks.

Optimus gives his answer. Though Cybertron is once again able to support life, our planet is currently incapable of generating new lives ... Not until I retrieve the wellspring from which all life on Cybertron is born and ultimately returns... the Allspark."

Smokescreen then speaks. "You mean it isn't here?"

"Nor has it been, Smokescreen. Not for thousands of years", Optimus says. "As the war for Cybertron reached a tipping point and the Decepticon army appeared to be unstoppable, I opted to safeguard the Allspark from Megatron by covertly sending it to a distant sector of the galaxy. The Matrix of Leadership will enable me to guide us to its present location."

I stopped paying attention when Cascadia spoke to me. "Mommy, is Daddy leaving us?"

"For a short period of time. But he'll be back. He always returns", I whisper. Cascadia smiles before wanting to be put down. I set her down on the ground and she runs towards Optimus.

"Daddy!" she exclaims. Optimus smiles, and crouches down to pick Cascadia up. "You'll come back to Mommy and me, right, Daddy?"

"I always will", Optimus smiles as he looks back at me. I smile softly before walking forward. Optimus gives instructions to the entire team, before looking down at me. He passes Cascadia to me, and kisses me gently.

"Stay safe", he whispers once he pulled away.

"You should be worrying about yourself. We'll be fine", I say softly. "Just come back to us, yeah?"

Optimus smiles. "Always will."

I smile softly. "I love you, Optimus."

"I love you too, Historia. You and our little butterfly", Optimus says, looking at Cascadia. I smile softly, looking at what was now mine and Optimus daughter.

"You need to get going", I whisper. Optimus smiles sadly, and kisses me once again, and kisses Cascadia's forehelm.

"I'll see you later, sweetspark", Optimus whispers before walking away. I smile softly at the nickname. He gave it to me shortly after we returned to Cybertron. I watched as he boarded the ship he would be taking with Wheeljack to find the Allspark. I smile before contacting Soundwave for a bridge back to the warship. One soon appears in front of me, and I smile when I see Aquablade and Soundwave.

"How'd it go?" Aquablade asks.

"Bumblebee is now a warrior, and Optimus has left to find the Allspark", I say softly, before exitting the bridge. I go to the room I shared with Cascadia and Optimus. I set Cascadia down on the floor, where she starts playing with some toys I had made her. I sigh as I sit on the berth. I sat there for a few hours, just contemplating what was happening.

However, after three hours, Aquablade contacted me.

"Historia, Ultra Magnus is injured!" I instantly stand up.

"I'm on my way. Can you send someone to come watch Cascadia?"

"Already on it."

Soon, Bumblebee was standing at the door. I smile softly.

"I see you got put on babysitting duty", I say softly. He nods, and allows me to pass before disappearing into the room, where I knew Cascadia would enjoy spending time with her uncle. He wasn't really her uncle, she just started calling him that.

I quickly make my way to the medbay where I see an extremely injured Ultra Magnus. He was leaking energon from many places, and I didn't know where to start. I turned to Arceew who was standing there.

"Contact Ratchet and Elita. I'm going to need as many servos as I can get, and Ratchet is more experienced than I am", I order. Arcee nods and runs off to contact Ratchet. I start by cleaning up the energon, until I come across a cut, and I weld it closed. There were a few that I didn't know how to fix, but by that time, Ratchet had arrived. He quickly fixed what I didn't know how to fix.

We finally finished though we did discover that he was also suffering from many internal injuries. Many where severe. We didn't know if he would survive.

Ratchet and I stayed behind to watch the patient, while the rest of the team, excluding Elita, who was watching Cascadia, and Aquablade and Soundwave, who were the bots who made groundbridging possible, went on a search mission.

Cascadia was actually quite excited to see her aunt. She wanted to see Ratchet but I didn't want her in the medbay with Ultra Magnus severely injured. After a while, Ratchet turned to me.

"Do you mind if I go check up on my sparkmate and niece?" Ratchet asks. I smirk.

"Sparkmate?" I ask.

"Scrap... she wanted to be the one to tell you", Ratchet mutters.

"Yeah, you're in trouble now. My sister is a war-hardened femme, after all", I tease. "But yes, you can go check on them. I'll keep an optic on Magnus."

Ratchet thanks me before leaving me alone with Ultra Magnus who was still unconscious. After a few hours, the team returned.

And they did not bring good news