Chapter Eleven|Recovery

I could feel my body in pain as I slowly regained consciousness. I groaned unhappily as a bright light filled my optics as I opened them.

"Someone turn out the lights", I mumble. I heard a gasp of surprise before the lights dimmed and my optics began to adjust quicker.

"You're awake", Ratchet murmurs.

"Of course I'm awake, why wouldn't I be?" I snap.

"You've been in a coma... for the past four weeks", Ratchet murmurs. My optics widen.

"I have... I don't... remember what happened..." even as I spoke it was all coming back to me... Megatron kidnapping me, and torturing me, as well as the rescue.

Soon, however, Optimus enters the room, me blushing as I see him.

"Um... what has occurred in the last four weeks in which I was out?" I ask nervously.

"Nothing that should be of your concern", Optimus says. "You should focus on recovering from your near death experience."

I sigh softly... "yeah..."

"Rest, Historia", Optimus murmurs before going to leave. However I stop him with a simple question.

"Optimus... I couldn't help but notice something... when Megatron said that it seemed to him that you cared for me as more than just a teammate, you stiffened. Why is that?"

Optimus froze in place before speaking. "Perhaps I shall tell you another time, however, you need to rest at this moment."

He left rather quickly, Ratchet following him and I sighed. Perhaps I was foolish for hoping that maybe he liked me back...

"I wouldn't say that", a familiar voice speaks. I look over to see Arcee.

"I was speaking out loud, wasn't I?"

Arcee chuckles. "Yeah."

I sigh. "How is it always that you're the first one to notice me talking aloud without meaning to?"

"I don't know", Arcee grins. "But I do know that you're not foolish for hoping."

"How can you be so sure about that?"

"After you were taken, he wouldn't rest until he found the location of the warship", Arcee says.

"Yeah, but he would do that for any teammate. I would do that for any teammate", I counter. Arcee sighs, knowing I'm right.

"Yeah, okay, but just after you were taken, and we were still in the mine, his optics turned red, he was so angry. He punched the cavern wall", Arcee says.

"Yeah, I don't think that'll convince me..."

Arcee sighs. "After we got back, and you were in the coma, he-"

Arcee was cut off by the very mech we were talking about. "Arcee, I would appreciate it if you would not share what I did in my free time the past four weeks."

Arcee stands up. "She's going to need to know at some point, Optimus."

"And I will tell her once she's slightly more rested up. Or have you forgotten that she is still recovering from a near death experience", Optimus counters. I was so confused. I had never see Optimus act like this. My optics met his for a brief second before his optics flicked away from mine. I frowned even more confused.

A second later, his optics flicked back towards mine, before moving away again. But in the brief time he was looking at me, I noticed something in his optics. A feeling I never expected to see in Optimus. He was nervous. Nervous about what?

I had completely missed Arcee and Optimus' argument about whatever it was. I was too confused about the nervousness I had percieved in his optics. I was tempted to ask him about it, but I knew he would just tell me to rest. I was feeling tired.

"Optimus, you need to tell her. I think she's waited long enough", Arcee growls.

Optimus was about to speak, but I cut him. "Arcee, it's fine. I can wait a little longer. Besides, I do need to rest. He's right. I did just wake up from a coma caused by a near death experience. Whatever you think he needs to tell me can wait until later."

Arcee sighs before stalking away. Optimus gave me a small, hesitant smile, which I returned. He then walked away, leaving me alone to rest.

Well, that was interesting.