~This is The Beginning...~

~This is The Beginning of The Rest of Our Lives~

The Dean gave the crew a day to set everything up for the public execution. He was making it like it was an event the school was putting on with me casted as the main lead.

I only had a day to prepare myself for what I was about to do. A DAY!

After we got done locking up Nora and Henry in their cells we all went back to our "Living Quarters" I look back on how we even had cells in a school for Heroes and what was even more surprising was that Liam wasn't the one to lead me to them it was Jasmine! Like how the fuck she know about them?! And not Liam?!

As soon as our apartment door closed behind us and I saw the others get in their rooms, I turned to Liam."How did Jasmine know about the cells under the school? And you didn't know?"

"That's a good question." Liam says kind of exasperated and then continued. "Is that what you really want to discuss or about what the fuck just happened?" Liam asks and then he walked up to me put his strong arms around me, incasing me in a hug. I felt strength from that hug and I once more got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I pulled back and said; "I don't want to talk about either. You know with the way the Dean is treating these kids that have relationships I just think whoever your "forever" person is they might have to wait a little bit longer to get with you Liam. I mean until its a little bit more safe."

Liam looked at me hard and long and I looked at the floor chewing my lip wondering why it's awkward all of a sudden. I mean it's only advice he doesn't have to follow it.

"I guess you're right. But Adam, I don't think it's ever going to be a time where it's really safe. So why should I...we wait...I mean me and my "forever" person that is."

"It was just a suggestion. I guess whoever it is would risk being with you because Liam you are worth the risk...I mean you are a great friend so I could see as to how that's great qualities in a mate that is." I say stumbling my words. Liam just smiles and nods and I think about how in just a day I gotta execute some people.

****

"Are you going to go through it, boss?" Julie asks me at the lunch table when everyone got settled and had their food. I was just nitpicking at mine because I was thinking about what I had to do tomorrow.

"I have no choice, Julie. He practically threatened you guys yesterday when I just asked. I have to protect you guys, it's my job."

"Yeah but I wouldn't fault you for not wanting to kill two innocent people. We can handle the fall out if you're not going to do it. We would never want you to compromise your soul. We're the misfits, right? We don't follow rules not even the Dean's."

Julie's words brought tears to my eyes but I didn't let them fall. I nodded at her and she breathed a little better knowing what I was going to decide. It was going to be the beginning of the rest of our lives that we were going to have to look behind our backs but I think they were ok with that. I looked to Liam and his hand landed on my thigh and gave me a reassuring squeeze and I nodded. Jasmine and Nile nodded back at me as well. It wasn't just me in this, it was my whole group and for the first time in my life I really knew I had a family.

****

Ding

Ding

Ding

The bells chirped away to signify to the students and teachers to come to the courtyard. The event of the execution has finally started.

This was actually my first time being out here since we weren't allowed to use this magical door because it lead outside. The Kickoff Season was actually was supposed to happen here but since it's going to be snowing on that day we decided to move it inside to the gym.

The leaves rustled as the students and teachers gathered. We all surrounded the podium that the Dean had set up with two teenagers were upon tied up with rope around their hands and and a rope around their necks and you could see that this was a hanging and I was supposed to cut the rope and let them hang. God fucking damnit! The Dean is fucking psychotic he really thinks we're in the fucking medevil times!

The security was out with their guns trained on the prisoners like they could escape at anytime. That's when I saw the Dean beckoning me to come forward so I could start this show. I took a huge breath and started walking and I knew Liam was at my back and so was the rest of my group.

"You didn't have to bring your whole posey I only needed you for this." Dean Spencer Reid laughed out. I stood there not feeling like that was funny. My whole body was rigid and I wasn't ready for what I was about to do because it would put a target on my back but not just mine but my whole crew. And I didn't like having their lives in my hand but like they said they would rather we disobey then becoming something they weren't. And me doing this surely will turn me into something I don't even want to think about.

I have Liam the signal and that's when shit got real.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see the guards get stiff and try to fire their guns and the Dean had his fat lips open in an O. Liam slowed everything down that wasn't in our bubble. My group and the Dean were the only ones who weren't frozen or moving slow.

"You're going to let these two kids go! If you don't I will kill you instead of them. I'm not doing your bidding for you! Not anymore! Not if it includes murder!"

"You would risk your life for two strangers?! Your crews life?!" The Dean yelled and his whole skin turned red from the anger he was feeling.

"Yeah I would! Now let them go! I will take whatever punishment you throw at me!"

"We will take whatever punishment you throw at us!" My crew yelled alongside me.

The Dean's eyebrow rosed and he said something I completely wasn't expecting.

"You a deal Adam Rodriguez. But I'm not giving you guys any punishment. Your team is competing in the Kickoff Season."

"But I thought we were disqualified because we're the ones setting it up?"

"You were now you're not." The Dean said then smirked. But nevertheless he cut the rope off of Nora & Henry and got the rope off of their necks. "You two are free to go but if I ever see you two again y'all are dead meat."

They scampered off while everything was still frozen or moving in slow motion. We had to at least give them a head start. But I had no doubt once the kids were off the property that the Dean would send out a search party for them. So we waited a couple of minutes before I gave Liam the signal and everything unfrozen and the guards rushed us and had our hands behind our backs with power dampening cuffs.

"What do you want us to do with them sir?!"

"Nothing! They're free to go. If they can work together to go against me I like to see how they'll fight against their own classmates." The Dean said with a sinister smile. And then flocked all his guards to him when he left the courtyard.

**This Story has been Revised, edited, & Redistributed over onto my Patreon! If you want to read what happens next and an actual better version head on over! Link in my Bio!**