~Damn Daniel~

"Hold on

"Hold on. You're not fucking with me are you?" I ask Liam and his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Mate, I will never fuck with you like that."

"So what you're telling me is that I have to lead a team! I mean what happened to the old team leader? I'm assuming you had one since it's been a year." Liam looked distraught by that question but nevertheless he answered.

"He...um...he had some issues with me as his second so he got relocated to another team."

"Damn, I'm sorry man but isn't there a way for me to be a regular member or something? Trust me I am not cut out to be a leader of... well like anything."

"I may have just met you mate, but I have faith in you. I think you have more leadership qualities than you know."

****

I was groaning and trying to keep on a straight face as Liam landed not one but three punches to my midsection. Yeah I thought it would be awesome to go to a training room with him. He said that fighting and finding out all the battle moves is a great leader. I thought I could take him and all with his lean build but I guess not. Him being taller than me with those broad shoulders that Liam has I guess outweighs my street cred of fighting. The "Training Quarters" Liam says to be right next to the living and school quarters so if we ever need it just walk through one of the seven doors I saw when I first got here. The magic of this Academy really confuses me but Liam said I would get used to it. If I have my way I won't have to get used to anything and be out of here as soon as I see an opportunity.

The bell rang again signifying that classes were over once again and then out of nowhere I saw the group of kids Jasmine was hanging out with when I got introduced to her come in through the door to the training room.

"Yeah I told our group to come watch us as I train you." I turned to Liam and looked at him like he was crazy.

"What?! I didn't even see you pull out a phone?! Also how did they get here so fast the bell just rang?!"

"Well mate as I said before this place is magic and when you go through a door you are instantly in the place you were thinking of. Just never the front door is the one the magic can't pull up. You have to actually go to the lobby I met you in and where the new students get dropped off at."

"Yeah I'm still not getting it but whatever. You just invited them so they can watch their new leader get his butt whooped."

"No I..."

"He sooo did. It's nice to finally see you in person! Our last leader was sooo not hot. Not like you anyway, you are way better looking." This girl says up to me while me and Liam were in the ring looking down at the girl. Her blond locks shaped her heart shaped face perfectly, making her sun kissed skin stand out even more. She looked like one of those suburban white girls who probably went to Starbucks everyday. She probably would go to Starbucks everyday if she wasn't trapped here.