Part 12

Marissa POV

"Our team is winning, the rouges and mages were almost all annihilated or captured." Came Minister Petra's voice.

That's good news isn't it? But Logan, please be safe. Please, dear Selene, keep him safe.

I just nodded my answer towards the minister without looking at him. I can't take my eyes off from the monitors, afraid that something will happen to him if I look away.

"Calmed down." I feel a hand hold on my fist. I didn't realized I was gripping my own sword tightly. The voice belonged to Sorana. I totally forgot that she was in the room with me. In fact, I forgot all of them in the room as I was focused all my attention at the screen. At Logan.

That made me realized that I still cared greatly at him, a girl or a boy. I have been on monitor's end before, watching wars, fights and the likes. Even when it involves lives. Never was I this intense and out of my wits.

Oh my goddess, I'm in big trouble, aren't I?

The sound of laughter got my attention again. I saw in the monitors how Logan was still deflecting knives and blades.

He wants to tire him. I have to do something.

"This is getting boring, not a skill or strategy involved. Just a child's play." Logan's calm voice resonated at the speaker. "I can do this all day, idiot. Try me." He even fake yawning all the while deflecting the knives and blades.

Boring? He call that boring? I'm on my wits here and he call that boring?

Looking at his eyes through the monitor, it does seems like he was bored.

"You're a very good swords player, Prince Logan. I can give you that. But I'm better." With that, the mage appeared. On his hand was a blade more exquisite than any of his other blade.

"This is better. Come to papa, cowardy." Logan flexes his four fingers gesturing the mage to be near. While his other hand was still deflecting knives non stop. He was so fast, as if he had eyes on the back of his head. I can't even tell where the next blade will appear but he was deflecting it like it was a normal occurrences.

"This guy here really have heighten sight and sounds, even his reflexes are faster! Really spectacular! Though this is just a glimpse of what an Originals can do, I'm truly honored!" Minister Petra's impressed voice can be heard from another monitor close by.

Again with the Originals. What the heck was that?

I wanted to ask but was stop as the mage starts to reappear on several places. Twisting his blades, he starts to attack and disappear and reappear once again. His movement was fast, and he was a very skilled sword player. I've experienced his skill first hand, years ago.

But that was in the past. I reminded myself. I have come a long way now with more skills and I am faster, stronger than before.

Logan was impressive himself, he was fast - if not faster - deflecting all the incoming attacks. While the mage starts attacking, slicing through thin air towards Logan, the rain of knives never stop showering him from all places. Even if he moved, the knives seems to have eyes on its on, following his every movement. This was the first time I witness his skills, and I couldn't be more impressed.

However, all that changed when the mage suddenly threw some kind of powder towards Logan's face.

"I won't be called the bad guy if I'm not playing dirty, isn't it, Logan darling?" He chuckled. "Sure, it won't kill you, but this will definitely slow you down. All I need to do was confused you enough to get closer."

Logan was shaking his face from the powder. He blinks a few times trying to refocus on the battle before hand. Three of the knives got through to him, penetrating his left shoulder, arm and right leg.

"Oh! This feels like déjàvu once again, don't you think?" The man chuckled.

"Silver won't work on me, I've told you that." Logan replied coldly, ignoring the guy. He started to pull out the knives from his body.

"Yes, definitely. But my blades are infused with dragon's black blood." He smirked. He came with great speed facing Logan head on. True enough, Logan was slower on countering his attacks. I wanted to be there, to help him, but I as well can't take my eyes off the monitor, afraid something will happen to him when I took my eyes away from it.

Logan was doing his best evading while trying to stab at his opponent. I can see through the monitor that his pupils were dilated, most probably because of the powdered spell thrown at him earlier. The mage upped his attacks threefold, smelling victory. But he was careful though, he avoided Logan's attacks expertly. The clashes of blades rings loudly within the speakers.

As Logan's attack seems to be slower, the mage saw it as his opening and swung his blade towards Logan's side. It was a trick as Logan let go of the blade he was holding and caught the mage's right arm holding the blade. My heart was pounding in my head, anticipating for Logan to win the match. Logan's right arm was holding another of his blade and ready to slash the mage open. The mage pulled his right arm but Logan twist his hand onto his arm to lock them together. The mage gave a ghost of a smile, waved his right arm then let go of his blade. His left arm caught the blade and he swung it onto Logan. The blade got stuck onto Logan's arm before he can counter with his own attack and which forced him to let go of his hold of the mage. Immediately, the mage vanished from his side. He reappeared a little further from him.

"Looks like victory is ours for the taking after all." The mage laughed after. However it seems he was genuinely pleased with himself and his laugh isn't forced.

"I'm not dead yet, if you fail to see that." Logan replied emotionless.

"Yes, of course. But you will. Right by now the black blood should reach towards your heart already."

"You're lying. I don't feel anything." Logan huffed.

"Of course you don't feel anything, yet. However, turquoise dragon's black blood works differently for everyone. Especially for you, as the originals. It may not kill your body, but it definitely going to kill your soul. Starting from now, you will change into somebody you despised. Be prepared to step into the darkness, prince Logan. I, for one, welcome you with open arms. I'll even accept this as compensation for our lost." He chuckled.

With that, the mage vanished, bringing with him all his soldiers and weapons. Nothing left for us to investigate on. They left as if they never came in the first place. Except for the ruined buildings and the bodies of our own soldiers left behind.

I was out the door just as the mage vanished. Only one thing in my head.

Logan.

Please be safe!

I don't know what I was thinking but all I can think about was his safety. The mage said that he will change into somebody he's not. He will be evil. He can't be evil. My Logan is many thing but not evil. I'm sure of it. Yes, he was annoying as hell but he's also charming, and kind and manly and hot and.. oh my goddess what am I thinking?!

I hurried my pace as I knew I was near.