Part 9

"I swear I'm gonna kill those rogues!" Sorana spat angrily to no one.

At the moment, we were on our way to her kingdom by her private jet. It was under siege about two weeks ago, now. I have to leave Leah and academy behind for a while. Winning the title of the strongest vampire in the academy gets me responsibilities to protect any vampire kingdom under attack.

It had been a week, Logan was nowhere to be found since that lunch and Leah was going out of her mind worrying. Secretly I was worried too. Brett tried hard to convinced Leah that it was common for Logan to be away. He have responsibilities outside of the academy that normally took him away for days and even weeks. Thankfully Brett was always there taking care of Leah. A little inside of me blamed myself for Logan nowhere about.

"That idiot Corinth tried to hide it from me! After we've dealt with the attack, I'm gonna deal with him!" Sorana raged next to me. Corinth Pedrag was Dragomir Empire's First Minister.

"Maybe he got valid reason not to let you worry about it." I tried to reason with her. "Even our outings now are not under any written permission. We'll get in trouble ourselves."

"Pfft! It isn't our fault the student president isn't anywhere to be found. Who was it this time, anyway?" She huffed.

"Um.. If I'm not mistaken, it's Prince Lieshcter." I shrugged keeping an empty face.

"Ugh! Why is everything have to be involved with that guy? I don't care if its anyone else. Why must it be that one guy who wanted to take my love away from me?" She whined.

"Don't get that crazy idea inside your head." Though my heart was pounding inside.

Damn! The mere mentioned of his intention whether it be true or not make me flushed! That blustering fool.

Sorana looked at me deeply.

"I know I'm right for you, Marissa. Maybe I'm a little bit reckless and hotheaded, I still know I'm the one for you." She looked at me seriously.

"Can we not talk about this right now?" I scowled at her. I can't really have this conversation. Not when I myself am confused about my feelings.

"But Mar-" her words was interrupted when the lead crew came to our place. She stopped to listen to the crew.

"Your highness, we're about to land. We've got clearance from the palace. Please put on your seatbelt, we're descending down." She smiles at Sorana with something keen to interests. Somehow, even seeing Sorana attracts another's attention didn't effect much on me.

Sorana just nod at her and our conversation ended after that. We got off the plane and journeyed to her castle escorted by her guards in five different cars that was waiting outside the airplane. I can see some part of the places we passed by was destroyed. Evident of the attack was everywhere nearby it. The attacks really caused chaos in her kingdom.

As we reached the palace, Sorana barged into the throne room looking for her king fathers. Two guards tried to stop her but was slammed to the ground instead. She forced opened the door and all heads turned towards us as I was following behind her, trying to slow her down.

All conversations stopped with the interruption of us coming in uninvited. I feel a little bit rude on how we acted. I know it was Sorana's doing but I still felt responsible for it as I was involved too. The throne room was an ancient Slavic styled architecture where the ceiling was high and there was two seats on the head of the room. There were red curtains ornamenting the room with brown oak walls. Highly crafted weaponry was perched on the walls. To the far left was a beautiful decorated fireplace. A gathering was present probably discussing about the current situation of the country. A face I saw inside the room surprised me.