CHAPTER 13 - The Divine Pairing

Hermione took a few moments to think about this. How could it be possible that she and Malfoy, both from different worlds, different pasts, different morals but the same hatred for each other, be soulmates? It was impossible!

Their mutual hatred for each other is possibly the only thing they have in common. No! It goes against everything logically right; the laws of nature would be broken! Eight years of hating each other and now suddenly they're soulmates?

Nah-huh!

"WHAT! HAVE YOU GONE MENTAL?" Hermione screeched unintentionally loud.

"Shut up, Granger!" Malfoy hissed and she nodded.

"Look, whatever you're reading in that book is completely insane! It's probably some sort of prank or something." Hermione spluttered, her words rolling over one another as she tried to comprehend the idea of a soulmate. His soulmate.

"It's lies!" She whisper yelled.

There was no way in hell that she - the innocent, know-it-all Muggleborn, was the bloody soulmate of the egotistical, Muggleborn-hating ferret! NO!

Draco, as furiously agitated as he was, couldn't help but smirk at her helpless state of denial. "Is the famous Hermione Know-it-all Granger doubting the words of an ancient book? Never thought I'd live to see the day." Draco said in an amused voice.

Hermione glared at him with hatred and loathing. She was shocked.

"Listen to this; The prophecy states that two, powerful people, one witch and one wizard will become The Divine Pairing. Totally different yet exactly the same. Filled with loathing but yearning for love. The Divine Pairing will save the world. Once enemies will become future soulmates. Destined for greatness." Draco read from the book. His eyes were serious and his brows were furrowed.

"Don't tell me you believe that nonsense! It might as well have been written by Professor Trelawney. Her predictions were rubbish!" She argued.

Draco looked at her as if she'd grown a second, third and fourth head.

"I do! But I refuse to believe that it's us! The end result will be disastrous! Yes, Trelawney's predictions were pathetic, if they were actually true your sweet Potter would have died every day, but unfortunately they weren't and Potter still walks around with his head up his arse. Her prophecies, however, were bloody spot-on!" He admitted shortly.

They sat in silence for a while before Draco got up with no goodbye and left Hermione to fall asleep in the library.

***

Ginny yawned as she sat up, her eyes still a bright burning red from the tears she shed last night. Her cheeks were sticky with the remains of her sadness and her throat burned from her endless shouts. She looked like and felt like the dead.

The bed beside hers was empty, the sheets pulled back, making Ginny assume that Hermione had just gotten up earlier today. Her mind ran through the events of the previous day.

The Law. Ugh.

Ginny got up and stretched her limbs out like a starfish, grabbed her slippers and walked to the bathroom. The mirror threw an insult her way making her cringe at her own appearance. Her hair looked like a mess and her face was the canvas of a million emotions that erupted from her last night.

There was no way she would go out of her room looking like a hung-over Azkaban escapee.

Okay... Hung-over Azkaban escapees probably looked a bit more presentable than the redhead girl did at the given moment.