Chapter 24. Ambivalence

"What did you see?"

"It-it wa-was an....

....eye."

What?

Donna...she... I- I can't believe it. There has to be another explanation. She must have seen it wrong. Her eyes were playing tricks on her. That's right. The disappearance of Maki, the blood outside the front door and  the mysterious caller. They all have rational explanations! She is not really a strong person to begin with. Those "incidents" might have caused her t-to...to.. 

Hallucinate? 

No- I-I mean. Confused. Yeah. She's just- What about our LJ? She was shouting. How could I forget that? Was she "confused" too? I- I don't know. Maybe, she..she...was. HAH! You're just too scared to admit it's real. You don't need to remind me how worthless I am. You do believe them.  I do. It's just that what they're saying is..Scaring the crap out of you? Stop putting it that way.. Why can't I? It's because... you're wrong.. Am I? 

.

.

.

I'm sure 

.

.

.

You think so too.

I should know.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..because I'm you.

"SNAP OUT OF IT GUYS!"

HUH? 

Freya?

"Listen." She went into the center of the circle we made earlier. "I want all of you to go inside this circle. NOW." We obeyed. She had this commanding voice that it's really hard for us to say no to her. "I know all of you are really confused right now. I'm also positive that most, if not all, are feeling different kinds of NEGATIVE emotions. " 

"Well, duh. Sherlock."  She was smart enough to ignore Didi's remark. Sigh. This girl really doesn't know when to close her big mouth. I should tell her off befor-

Someone grabbed my arm. "..please." I heard LJ mutter. "Not now." I stared at her form. Her fragile form. What's this feeling? I should be happy, right? I wanted to be closer to her. I wanted to be useful to her. That was my goal. The reason why I participated. Was? Yeah. Why? This LJ...she...is so different from the LJ I know. You don't like her anymore? Of course, I do. What are you saying, then? I'm used to seeing her so energetic and confident. Heck! I'm even used to being bullied by her. But.... But? The way she is now...I-I don't want to see her like this. It....just breaks my heart.

"Okay." I answered. She managed a weak smile. It may not be a big deal for others but for me, it is. If only things would remain like this for a whil-

"What are you looking for?" Big Mama's question e snapped me back to reality. 

"This."  She got a big bottle from inside her bag. "I think it's time for us to use it". I could see the confusion in the  everyone's eyes. 

"For what?"

"....for our safety." She quickly stood up and poured some water on each of our heads. She also poured some of it onto our hands and said. "sprinkle it on your body."  O-kaaaay. That is weird. It's safe to say that it isn't only me that thinks so. Everyone was dumbstruck with what they heard. Well everyone except-

"YEY! It''s a good thing I didn't take a shower this morning! haha" He happily did as instructed.

"Eww! But..It's weird. I wasn't able to tell the difference and we are usually together so.." I can't really describe  what Patty feels right now. She is that confused with his statement.

"Of course you can't! I never take a shower in morning!" He exclaimed.

"EWWWWWWW!! GROSSS!"

"HAHAHHAA"

"Please tell me you DO change your undies!"

"It's a s-e-c-r-e-t-!"

"NO WAY!

"YES WAY!

"WHAT the F*CK Dude!"

"HAHHAHHAHHAH"

"Andy! Let him borrow yours!"

"ARE YOU CRAZY CARLO?!"

"HAHAHHAHA"

 "Looks like they worked after all." She showed a satisfied look on her face. I am more curious about the water now. "All that's left to do is find answers." 

"You mean..." 

"Yes, Big M." She looked at all of us. "It's time...

...to play."