33

Luke carried me to a room where he set me in the bed, covering me up.

"Where's Cal?" I asked quickly.
"He can't come in until you're a little sedated- your blood pressure is too high" he spoke swiftly, grabbing a few items.

"Don't sedate me" I spoke quietly, almost begging him with my eyes.

"No one is going to touch you besides Calum from this point on, unless you want them to". He spoke.

"You have to relax or you'll make yourself sick- we don't have many options."

Although I whined through the entire thing, he quickly gave it to me before nodding to Ashton, who disappeared around the corner.

Slowly I felt heavier- my eyes struggled to stay open and every time Luke spoke to me I had to focus with all of my strength to actually interpret what he was saying.

"Hi beautiful" a puffy eyed Calum spoke as he entered slowly.

I sent him a smile, feeling as if I couldn't move anything besides my face.

"How are you feeling?" He whispered, immediately crawling into the excess bed space with me, making me lean into him.

"I'm okay" I mumbled out.

He held me close to him, kissing my temple multiple times.

"I'm sorry I sent you in there alone-" "I wanted to go in alone, don't apologize" I spoke quietly.

"Talk to me about what you saw baby" he spoke, stroking my hair gently.

Immediately the gunshots played through my head- the two familiar bodies hitting the floor.

"I don't want to talk about it" I mumbled.

"You need to before you go to sleep or you might have nightmares" Luke spoke as he moved to sit in a chair beside the bed.

I carefully considered the words to use, trying my best to not upset myself

But as my brain thought through everything, the tears started rolling

"He almost killed a baby- the mom and I had to beg him not to" I spoke, hiccuping into Calum's chest as he pulled me closer to him.

"Then he shot someone for no reason- he just killed them" I cried out.

"And right before the police shot him he shot me- and it barely even hurt- it felt like a needle" I sobbed out, finding my way closer and closer to Calum.

"And then everyone was touching me and the needles- and doctors and paramedics-" I felt my body starting to panic more and more, and Calum caught on quickly.

"Okay- okay, relax sunshine" he whispered.

"I got you, you're safe- I'm not going to let anyone hurt you" He spoke, stroking my hair gently.

I cried into his chest, the room silencing.

"I don't want to be here" I cried- hating the feeling of being anywhere remotely close to a doctors office

"You can't leave yet baby- but I'm not going to let you go all night, and you can wake me up the second you wake up."

"Please don't ever leave me cal"