5

Calum.

I rushed her into the building, us all running late as usual.

I asked Luke to clock me in as I ran her to my office, throwing a blanket and pillow on my couch.

"Okay, I have to do my rounds and then I shouldn't be busy, I'll be back to do paperwork probably, you okay napping in here?" I asked, seeing her give me a nod.

"Okay, call me if you need anything" I spoke before running out of the door.

I did my rounds, checking my patients and ensuring that everything was okay before trudging back to my office, feeling more tired than ever.

I opened my door seeing Lily out cold on one end of the couch, the blanket pulled to her waist, her arms on the top of it.
Ashton laid on the other end, holding her legs while sharing her blanket on his phone.

"It's dry today" He spoke quietly, making me nod in agreement

"Just one of those days"

"Were you able to get her an appointment today?" I asked, making him nod.

"Yeah, she'll be my last patient" he spoke, making me nod in agreement.

"Did she look scared when you talked to her about it?" He asked.

"No, not really" I spoke, turning in my chair to look at her.

"I have a feeling that she isn't going to be one to openly express her feelings"

Lily.

I woke up with a stretch, seeing Luke sitting at my feet.

"Morning sleeping beauty." He laughed as I let out a whine.

"Morning" I barely mumbled, moving to get more comfortable.

"The guys set you up an appointment for in about three hours" he spoke, making the butterflies erupt from nervousness in my stomach.

"Okay" I spoke out, blinking to him.

"Do you wanna talk about anything that happened? Anything you might want me to tell Ashton to avoid?" He asked.

"Can I tell you what I don't want to do?"  I asked.

"Of course, I'll see what I can do"

I swallowed lightly, moving to sit up.

"Heart rate, stomach check, throat check, shots and hernia check" I spoke out in a quick motion.

"Lily- those are some of the most important figures in a check up-" "I don't think I even need a check up"

Before we could finished he was paged.

I sat in Calum's office, watching YouTube, and before I knew it- the devil struck

"Hey pretty girl" Calum spoke as he entered in his scrubs- a look I hadn't seen him in.

"Ready for your check up? Ash is waiting on us"

Let's just say.

I stalled.

I told him I had to go to the bathroom.
I told him that I thought I saw someone who needed something.
I spoke to random people as we walked past them- hoping they'd speak back.

"Maybe we should go check on your patient-" "Lily, stop stalling" he laughed out, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"You're going to be fine, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you or take advantage of you"

When we walked into the room I saw Luke and Ashton together, both in scrubs and intimidating as fuck.

I felt my heart beating out of my chest.

"Sit on the bed for us, pretty girl" Ashton spoke.

I hesitated before slowly moving to the bed, sitting onto it, Calum moving directly beside me.

"Okay so Luke told me the things that you don't want to do, which are pretty much unavoidable" he spoke slowly.

"So we're just going to go from the things you aren't scared of to the things you are, hows that sound?" I gave a quiet nod.

He got my weight and height, which was nothing.
I sat back on the bed, where he got my blood pressure and pulse before getting my temperature.

His eyes flicked to mine, because he knew what I knew what coming.

He grabbed his stethoscope, bringing it to me.
"Let's do lungs first"

He held my shoulder, his hand going under my shirt, which almost immediately have me anxiety.

I bit back the tears I felt coming, taking deep breaths as he instructed.

"Okay- let's do the heart" he spoke, pulling completely away.

"Do we have to?" I questioned, seeing him give me a small nod

"The heart is the most important part, princess" Calum chimed in.

"I can't do this"