10

"It's a very simple surgery- you'll be out in forty minutes, if that- you have nothing to worry about" Harry immediately dismissed her worry- but she wasn't having it.

"Cal" she spoke, looking to me.

"Baby- there isn't much of a decision factor here- you have to get them out" I spoke firmly.

"Then I want to do it awake." She spoke.

I looked to Harry- who's eyes were wide.
"That's a very painful and stressful surgery- I highly don't recommend it." He spoke quickly.

"I don't want to be asleep" she spoke once I looked to her.

I sighed, looking to Ashton, who was already looking at me.

"Calum, from one doctor to another" Harry spoke slowly.
"She needs to be asleep during the surgery, and you know that" he finished.

I looked to Lily, who looked to her feet.

"Schedule it, we'll do it with anesthesia" I spoke, seeing her knee immediately start shaking.

"I think that's best- surgery is already scary enough- you don't need to see the details" Harry spoke, patting her shoulder, making her tense immediately.

"I'm open all day Friday" he spoke swiftly, looking from his calendar to us.

"That's literally the day after tomorrow" "that's perfect" I nodded, seeing Lily slump in defeat.

Ashton walked Lily back to the car, as we all spoke.

"We should hang out tomorrow night to get her a little more comfortable around me, maybe she won't be so tense Friday" he spoke, making me immediately nod.

"Yeah- just text me and we can go to yours or you can come to ours" I spoke swiftly.

"Sounds good" he smiled, hugging me again before we left.

Lily was silent the whole car ride home.

"Come here" I spoke as we walked inside- her body immediately heading towards her room.

She turned, coming to me.

"Talk to me-" "why would you do that knowing I'm scared?" She shot to me immediately, the tears in her eyes visible.

"Baby- you're not going to be any calmer awake-" "but I can watch out for myself when I'm awake" she spat quickly.

"You don't need to watch out for yourself- I'll be there-" I spoke.

"I don't want to do it, cancel it please." She almost begged.

"I'm not canceling it, baby" I spoke.

She threw her head back- visibly frustrated and holding tears.

"Just let me be awake- please" she almost begged.

"No Liliana-" "What if mom will let me do it awake?" She shot to me quickly.

I forgot I had to talk to her fucking mom.

"Your mom isn't going to let you-" "let's call her and see" she spoke- her attitude reminding me of something her mom used to do.

So I let her call Stephanie.

After maybe ten minutes of Lily explaining and telling her that she wanted to be awake a firm "so I can do it awake?" She spoke.

"Okay, here's Cal"

"Stephanie" I immediately spoke.

"Calum- she's going to give you hell if you put her to sleep-" "you don't understand- so many things could happen with her being awake, it's only numbing- she's going to taste the blood, feel them touching her face- hear them talking, it's not safe." I spoke quickly to her.

"Calum, I've learned one thing with her" she spoke slowly.

"You've gotta let her learn on her on- you're going to have to let her do it, and she's going to freak out- as soon as she does, put her to sleep- she'll willingly do it then" her mom spoke- a actually smart idea.

"Okay- I guess I'll do that" I mumbled, sighing quietly.

"She's going to be fine, Cal- just don't leave her" she spoke.

"I certainly won't" I mumbled.

I hung up, looking to her

"You won"

"Wanna hear a secret?" She smiled, grabbing my arm gently, making me nod

"I always will win"

She was certainly right