19

The next week we went back to moms house, the guys coming with due to mom inviting everyone over for dinner, mainly for her and Calum to discuss court dates and such.

Mason hugged me as soon as I walked in, my mom directly behind him.

I hugged them both, getting nice "welcome home"'s.

My mom and Mason shook all of the guys hands while I took Ash upstairs with me to put my stuff down.

"Thanks for coming with me" I mumbled, turning after I dropped my bag, seeing him smile.

"Anything for you"

We ran back downstairs, seeing all the guys at the island where mom was pouting whine glasses.

I opened the fridge- searching for some sort of juice, making Mason speak the words that were drilled into my head since I was a baby

"No sugary drinks, water or tea"

I immediately rolled my eyes, grabbing a bottle of water turning to see Calum staring intently at Mason.

I moved to the island, standing between Cal and Ash as my mom looked to her calendar, spitting dates at Calum.

"Honestly" Calum laughed out

"I make my schedule pretty much- so just pick a day, I'll tell my boss and I'll be there" he spoke swiftly.

"So, Tuesday?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I have school" I spoke.

"I'm sure you can skip that day-" "are we sure we want her in there during this?" Mason interrupted my mom.

This even caught my mom off guard.

"I mean- it's her custody battle-" "I'm just not sure court is a good place for a kid"

"I'm not a kid" I spoke back- he knew I hated being called a kid.

"You know what I mean, baby" he spoke

It felt weird

Mason had called me baby since I was a baby, but now it just wasn't the same- I only wanted my boys calling me anything besides my name.

"Mason, she'll be fine- she's old enough to watch" my mom spoke hesitantly before shutting the calendar with a nod.

"Let's have dinner, shall we?"

Dinner was awkwardly quietly.

"Calum, did you get around to giving Lily a check up?" Mom asked, making me tense lightly.

I hated even the words

"Yeah- yeah, she's completely healthy" he spoke.

"She gave you trouble?" She asked- as if I wasn't right across the table from her.

"Can we talk about something else?" I asked, sipping my water.

My mom nodded lightly, her eyes staying on me for several seconds.

"How do you feel about going to school tomorrow?" She asked.

I shrugged, stabbing a piece of meat with my fork lightly.

"I'd rather not" I snorted out, seeing Michael grin lightly.

"Do you have to stay after school for practice?" She asked.

"Yes, till five" I mumbled.

My mom hummed lightly

"You'll have to walk home- I'll be in a business meeting and Mason doesn't get off until six-" "I'll pick her up" Calum chimed in swiftly.

"That's not necessary, she's walked home plenty of times" Mason dismissed immediately

"I don't want her walking home- it's over a mile and it starts getting dark early, it's not big deal- I'll pick her up and bring her straight here." He spoke.

"And if something happens and he can't- one of us will" Ashton spoke with a firm nod.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that" mom gave a firm nod.

Soon the boys were leaving, and I was giving tight hugs outside, promising that I'd see them all soon.

"Be good, I'll see you tomorrow" Calum spoke, kissing my head gently into the hug.

"I love you" I spoke into him.

"I love you too, princess"

After they left I went inside with mom and Mason, both exhaling lightly.

"So you love him?" Mom smiles towards me.

I nodded- heading to the stairs

I felt sad that they were gone

I had been with them a month- and now it was back to normal, not that it was horrible but

I had gotten used to all the hugs, the laughing, the play fighting, the running in the house and shit- and now it was all back to strict, do as said rules.

I'm not sure I wanted that anymore.