18

We ended up leaving the store, waiting outside of the men's restroom on Mason, where I spoke to Calum.

"You can't let him pick a fight" I mumbled, grabbing his hand and playing with his rings.

"I'm not going to sit there and let him tell me what I am, Lil-" "Calum, be bigger than him" I whined out.

"You know you're a good person, because I'm telling you that you're a good person, that's all of the approval that you should need, okay?" I spoke quietly, seeing his eyes meet mine.

"I'm ready to go home" Calum laughed out.

"We will soon, just let me handle his comments from now on"

Mason soon joined us again and we went to frozen yogurt- where another argument broke out

This time, over who would pay for me.

I stood between the two of them, watching them go back and forth.

I sighed, stepping away and going to the cashier

"I want to pay for all three" I smiled.

She allowed me to do so, using a card mom had gave me for emergencies- I considered this an emergency because I was losing my patience.

"Problem solved" I spoke, slapping the receipt into Masons hand as I walked past the two of them.

"You don't have money-" "emergency card" I smiled.

Technically, mom paid for all of our frozen yogurt.

But I wasn't complaining.

The three of us sat on a bench, watching the sunset quietly.

"Has your teacher texted you about play practice?" Mason asked me.

"No" I spoke quietly.

"Have you been practicing vocals like you were supposed to?" He asked again.

"Nope" I plopped out.

"How do you expect to get any better if you aren't practicing-" "who said I was expecting to get better?" I laughed lightly, looking to him.

"We want you to get better." Mason spoke simply.

"I like it where I'm at" I shot back.

I was in a mood, I was hoping that was clear enough to both of the boys to shut them up so Calum could take me home.

"No need for attitude, I'm just asking a question" Mason spat out, making me exhale lightly.

"Well- I think it's about time we leave" Calum broke the silence that returned, groaning lightly as he stood to his feet.

"That's too bad" I spoke sarcastically- but both the guys acted as if they didn't catch the sarcasm.

I hugged Mason, feeling him kiss my head.

"I'll see you next week"

Calum and Mason shook hands before I took Calum's arm, letting him lead me away.

We got into his car, the two of us immediately looking to each other

"That could've went better" I mumbled lightly

"You're telling me- I need fucking blood pressure medicine now"