31

I stood there in shock- knowing there was nothing I could do as I watched this mans blood pool around his body.

I felt my chest tighten more and more.

"What about you- Ms.Brave- what's your name?" He spoke, touching the gun to my shoulder- I could feel the heat of the barrel- it almost burned, but I didn't dare say a word.

"Lily" I spoke quietly.

I kept mentally preparing myself for the pain of a bullet

I kept my breathing calm- pushing my anxiety away.

I wanted my fucking dad- why the fuck wasn't he in here.

"How old are you?" He spoke.

"Sixteen" I responded.

"You're alone?" He raised his eyebrows

"Yes" I lied- I didn't want them going outside and doing anything to my dad.

Police sirens outside caused him to look away from me and to the door.

"Hm- not as much time as we imagined- fellas" the guy in front of me yelled to the guys at the desk,

The guys at the desk started yelling more and more- making the sobbing girl at the counter panic even more.

"You can go now and they won't get you" I lied, feeling more and more panicked.

The man looked to me,

"Shut up" He spoke,

More and more yelling erupted- from outside, from the desk, from the guys around me

"Shut the fuck up" the guy spoke.

"Guys, shut up" I panicked to the guys beside me- watching the man grip the gun that was pressed to my shoulder tighter and tighter.

Just as the door was busted open and the police started yelling the man and I made eye contact again

"Sorry" he spoke- and then I felt pure heat in my shoulder.

I let out a scream as another gun sounded- hitting the man in front of me to the ground.

I gripped my shoulder- feeling the warm blood pooling into my hand, gritting my teeth at the painful feeling that I had not prepared myself enough for.

"Breathe- keep your eyes open and breathe" a cop spoke- running to my side as I sat on my knees- tears falling down my cheeks.

"I'm going to fucking die" I cried out- knowing this is how I would die.

"Don't say that" the officer spoke

"Tell my dad that I said I loved him" I cried out as I saw the paramedics and more cops running into the building.

"No- you aren't dying- they're going to save you- i promise"

"Fucking- promise me you'll tell him!"