Chapter 12

"Guys, it's getting dark soon. We need to stop to rest." Terry announced. Everybody went out of the car and set out a small camp. Macy lit the fire and everybody sat down in a circle. Terry is on a night shift.

"So Terr, what is this prophecy the Leader has been talking about?" Harry asked.

"It's called The Inevitable. It's a prophecy wherein the pathogen keeps mutating to the point where the infected keeps on evolving and adapting until we can't stop it. He said that the origin of the pathogen could be used to combat the infection." Terry explained.

"Hmm, well we've seen strange infected as time runs." Macy said.

"Hey, if there was strange infected lying in wait, why don't you find it's weakness."

"Well, my partners Jane and Wesker are researching on a weakness and the origin. So far they haven't succeeded yet." Terry explained.

"We'll that cure is better worth it, or we'll get f**ked by highly mutating pieces of s**t." Jason replied.

Jean prepared food for everbody. After 4 mins, they ate like they experiencing a outdoor activity without being annoyed or being killed by the infected.

Suddenly a crack was heard on the pitch black. Terry grabbed his crossbow and a flashlight.

"Did you hear something?" Harry asked.

"I feel like we're being watched. Prep yourselves." Terry spreads anxiety to the group. Everybody prepped their weapons. "Everybody! Flashlights on!"

Flashlights were on, weapons armed and tight and everybody walked around. Harry searched around the west, Macy and Jean searched the east corner, Jason on the south and Terry on the north. Jason saw movement in the wreckage. Out of nowhere, a strange looking infected leaps out of nowhere. It had a grotesque appearance with exposed skin, calcified epidermis, increased muscle mass, three horns, and large claws. It's eyes are staring at Jason, appearing to be in a sort of trance. After a few seconds of staring contest, the infected begins to roar and lunges at Jason. Jason was holding him while screaming for help. Harry and Macy rushed in. Harry fired automatically at it's head. It turned to look at him.

"What the f**ck is that piece of hellhole?!" Jason reacted.

Suddenly it begins to chase Harry in circles. Macy tries to shoot its legs, pinning him down. Terry and Jean arrives at the scene. Terry fires his bow at its head and it was killed instantly. Macy went to Jason and checked on him.

"You okay? Got any bite marks or anythin?" Macy asked.

"Nothing really, just felt a bit terrified and somehow tired." Jason.

"Now, what in the world is that motherf***er?! It seemed new. Plus we've never seen him during the day." Harry asked feeling a bit delusional.

"This thing, I'll call it the Nightstalker. It stalks its prey. That thing has a same armored carapace as the Bull. It has a strength of a Giant, has horns and somehow partially to halfly decomposed. It's almost like a hybridized mutated clusterf**k." Terry explained.

"Search the damn area! There could be more hiding in plain sight."

"In a middle of night, a f**king nightstalker stalks us and kills us, interrupting us and attempting to kill us. This just goes on and on." Jason said.

Jean felt a bit paranoid, feeling that she was being stalked by them Nightstalkers. She's right; she looked behind her and saw the infected. It was doing again the trance before charging at her.

"AHH! Help me, what are you WAITING FOR?!" Jean shouted while holding it in place. Terry aimed and fired his crossbow in the head, killing him instantly. Jean pushed the corpse away.

"Bullets seems to be doing less damage thanks to its armored skin. An arrow in the head will definitely kill him. Okay guys, stay alert." Terry announced like the assault is never done, which is true for a zombie apocalypse.