due

due: il modo siciliano

two: the Sicilian way

˚ ੈ♡࿐

Old habits die hard. I completely forgot about how I was supposed to stop inviting myself in the apartment that now belonged to one of the two newcomers on Sicily. Especially after I noticed that the front door was unlocked and that yesterday's newspaper and milk bottle delivery, were still stuffed in the mailbox. '' Baekhyun? Artista? Where are you? You're still alive, right? ''

I peeked around the door and slowly made my way inside the dark apartment. Opening the blinds on the windows, instantly brought some light in the space. My eyes darted left and right, widening in surprise and amazement at the sight of the change in the once familiar apartment. There was always someone who stayed here, but they tended to live out of their suitcases. Baekhyun was different though, he managed to make the space look personal in just the short span of two days.

Books were stacked up on shelves, papers full of writings were scattered everywhere and clothes were thrown over chairs. I almost tripped over a suitcase that had some kind of trophy placed on top of it, then I picked up an empty bottle of whiskey from the coffee table. I tilted it towards my mouth and let the last few drops land on my tongue before I shook my head in disapproval and called out: '' I see what you've been doing for the past few days! Where did you even get this? At the airport? You should've gotten at least a bottle of amaro! I know the best guy on the whole island when it comes to things like that! He has a whole laboratory for making Averna at home! If you promise that you won't tell the cops about it, I'll take you to him one day! ''

I opened the door to the main bedroom and leaned against the doorway. Byun Baekhyun, who got too drunk to even climb under the covers, instantly got woken up by the sunlight that shined directly in his face. I watched him cringe and try to turn to the side, only to roll right off his bed. That finally made him open his eyes, but he still seemed confused when he saw me.

I scrunched up my nose and asked: '' What are you doing? ''

'' I'm trying to wake up from this nightmare. ''

'' You're awake. ''

'' Are you sure? Then why are you still standing there? '' he asked and slowly lifted himself in a sitting position. His shirt was unbuttoned and I noticed that he was still wearing the same outfit as the day when I met him. His dark hair was sticking up on top of his head and there was a fading cut on the side of his forehead. How did he get it? '' Life has been pretty bad lately, but I don't remember it getting this bad. ''

'' Wow, you're a bitch to be around when you're hungover, '' I muttered and tilted my head to the side.

He slowly lifted himself up from the ground. '' Correction, I'm always a bitch to be around. ''

'' Well, that might be true, but you're going to have to fix your attitude if you want me to take you to Palermo, '' I seriously replied and narrowed my eyes in warning. He didn't seem happy with the fact that out of all the people in Casana, Danny chose me to take him to the island's main city, but he still didn't try to protest. He desperately needed to take care of some things that he couldn't do in our little town.

Lifting my shoulders in to a shrug, I turned around and headed back in to the living room. I strolled around his desk and picked up the book that already caught my attention earlier. There were a lot of beautiful artworks of Sicily, but I couldn't read the Korean writing that was next to them. In a way, it really made me sad to realise that I didn't even know the language of my mother's side of the family, but I managed to hide it when Baekhyun appeared by my side and pulled the book from my hands. '' Why do you have to keep touching my things? Would you like it if I'd come in to your house and grab all of your stuff? ''