chapter 2

'' This was not part of the deal and now you will pay. ''

I was nervously eyeing the three swords that were pointed at me. My head was lowered, my long red hair was hidden under a cap and I was wearing simple white and blue merchant clothes, just like the others. The captain accepted Baekhyun, Chanyeol and I on his ship without thinking twice about our fake smiles and made up stories about how we were just three simple diligent workers looking for a job. Baekhyun almost got our cover blown barely five minutes later when he was told to wash the deck, but somehow we managed to make it through the day.

The merchant ship was sailing close by the beach and the captain told us they always made the same trip from Nahae to another port town. The waters that they passed were known to be very dangerous, not many others in the same business dared to go there and they were doing quite well because of that. Baekhyun said that there were rumours that it was because they were under the protection of a certain pirate crew. He told us only when we were halfway between the two port towns and the sun was beginning to set that he heard that from some random fortune teller in Nahae. We nearly threw him overboard, because we had no idea we were doing this just because of the words of someone who was probably a con artist, but just then, the boy who was sitting in the crow's nest above us and watching the waters around us started screaming.

'' Pirates! I see pirates! ''

Baekhyun turned out to be correct and he had a smug smile on his face even now, when we had numerous swords pointed at us. Pirates took over the merchant ship in moments and we were standing with the rest of the crew, while the two captains were speaking to each other. I was only half listening to their conversation and admiring the ship that was next to ours. It wasn't as big as the one that we were planning to steal, but it was still quite impressive. It was strangely clean for a pirate ship and the spotless flag didn't look as frightening as it could, but it matched the captain that it belonged to perfectly.

'' We made a deal. I protect you while you sail these waters and you give me half of the profit of your sales. Did you really think that I wasn't going to find out about the secret trips that you've been making so that you didn't have to give me any money? You thought staying close to shore was going to protect you, you even risked hitting a reef and sinking your own ship, but I know these waters more than anyone else, '' the pirate captain seriously said, looking at the merchant that was kneeling at his feet. He was clearly terrified of the man, despite the fact that he wasn't even pointing a weapon at him. He didn't need to. He was a true pirate captain and the aura of authority that was surrounding him and the tone of his voice was enough to intimidate other people.

I raised my gaze and looked at him. His dark brown hair was neatly combed back and there was a short string of red pearls hanging from the side of his pirate hat. His right hand was completely covered with a tattoo that disappeared under the sleeve of his shirt and went up to his shoulder and there was an 'S' carved in the handle of his sword.

The last member of the old crew.

It has been four years now, but it didn't seem like he changed much.

He snapped his fingers and pointed towards us and the rest of the crew.

The corner of my mouth twitched up and I barely managed to hold back my smile, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and Baekhyun had to cover his mouth to conceal his laughter.

He didn't change at all.

Captain Junmyeon, better known as Suho started snapping with his fingers and his voice was as dramatic as I remembered it: '' My orders are... Take the crew back to our ship as prisoners and you... What should I do with you? ''

He looked back at the merchant captain and frowned in thought. My eyes slightly widened when one of the pirates reached out with his hand to grab me and I quickly jumped back. Chanyeol did the same, pulled out a dagger that he was hiding in his sleeve and raised it in the air. I thought Baekhyun was going to do the same, but instead the two of us heard him quietly speak up behind us: '' Guys... A little help, please? ''