chapter 1

The moon was high up on the sky and the Nahae port was as loud as ever. Some people were enjoying a night of partying and causing disrupt in different taverns and bars with their drinking and careless antics and some others were working, wether it was making illegal deals, stealing or murdering. It was an evening like any other and I was hoping to have a peaceful drink too, but sadly my captain was a bit of an idiot and things were never that easy for the two of us.

I had no idea how he managed to do it, but he got caught by the only two soldiers in the whole port that weren't paid of of to turn a blind eye on what was going on here. The duo that was holding each one of his arms just met up with another group of armed men that came as backup. I was watching them from the shadows and I couldn't help it but to smile when one of them purposely knocked his prized pirate hat of his head. His face was so incredibly offended and it was absolutely hilarious. He would probably mind less if one of them would punch him in the face, but it seemed like they insisted on taking him away as a prisoner.

I was running on rooftops, jumping from one to the other and waiting for the perfect moment to go in action. I wasn't completely sure how I was going to save my captain yet, but in the end it happened quite spontaneously. I jumped on another roof, but this one turned out to be a lot weaker than the others and instead of landing on it, I fell right through. The soldiers turned their heads at the hint of a shriek that they heard before I disappeared in to a tavern.

'' Did you hear something? '' one of the soldiers asked another and the captured pirate slowly raised his head.

I landed right on a table in the middle of a crowded tavern and made it smash in to pieces. The people that were gathered around it instantly stopped their loud chatter. Then one of them screamed: '' You just broke our bottle of soju! ''

I was blinking with confusion, my head hurt and the world around me was spinning. I slowly took a step forward, only to fall down again and make the glass that somebody tried to throw at me, hit a man that was standing at another table. The pirate instantly turned around, pointed accusingly at his attacker and pulled out his sword. A fight broke in the tavern and soon everybody joined in. People were pulling out swords, throwing things around and yelling. The chaos reached the street too and surrounded the soldiers and captured pirate.

I was still only half conscious, slowly crawling through the tavern and trying not to die. I had no idea that the pirate captain decided to take advantage of the sudden chaos to break free from the soldiers that were holding him. He pushed one of them to another enraged pirate, kicked the second one and quickly disappeared in to the crowd.

'' Screw this, I'm getting a new captain, '' I mumbled and hid behind one of the tables that got flipped over. I grabbed an abandoned bottle of soju that I spotted nearby and took a swig. '' He can end up in a cell for all I care. Again. It would be his own fault anyway. ''

'' Perfect plan, as always! '' a familiar voice suddenly spoke and a figure leaped over the table where I was hiding. He squatted behind it just like me and looked at me with a smile. '' I'm always amazed by your genius ideas, Han-ah. ''

I smiled widely and handed him the bottle of soju. '' Oh, hi, captain. Yes, this is all totally part of my plan. ''

Byun Baekhyun grinned and his eyes shined in excitement. The soldiers were still after him, but he didn't look the slightest bit worried. In the four years that I knew him, I didn't think that I have ever seen him truly scared. Not even when he was looking death right in the eyes and I wondered if perhaps that easy going attitude was the reason he always managed to save himself in the end. '' So, what now? ''

'' What now? '' I repeated and scowled. I wasn't easygoing like he was. Not at all. In fact, I worried way too much and I couldn't stay careless when a sword was being pointed at me. Specially not when it was usually because of Baekhyun. '' Why do I have to do all the work? ''