|01|

It had been two months since the Vulture was put behind bars, two whole months of peace. Unfortunately, that was disturbed in September, and on a field trip.

Students in Marine Biology were traveling to the coast to get samples of sea water and see how much carbon dioxide was in a single drop, it was a fun and easy trip.

Tessa and Peter were in the same class, and in fact, that was the only class that they had together their junior year. They had assigned seats, and didn't have lunch together, so seeing one another was scarce. And they felt it.

Peter was busy with being the hero Spider-Man, right after school jumping into his work, he had no time left to spare, even for her. It was rare to see him after school once a week.

Tessa was focusing on staying on the down low, considering every single newspaper's headlines read Tony Stark has a child?

She had no idea how the rumor got out, and she had no idea how to stop it, neither did her father. She felt as if there was an invisible stump in her life, and she couldn't get past it.

Tessa was on the school bus for the field trip, sitting away from everybody, practically touching the emergency back door. She gazed out of the window in despair, thinking about her boyfriend.

They had gotten into a fight the night before, and a bad one. She decided to be honest, so confessed to Peter that she wasn't getting enough attention and that they were drifting apart. His only argument was being Spider-Man.

Her only thought was that she helped design his new suit, but she didn't have the authority to take it away.

Peter looked behind him on the bus every few minutes to assure himself that his girlfriend was alright and that he was just being paranoid. Yet, he couldn't help it. He cared about her so much, and it hurt to not talk to her about her day or give her a big hug full of love.

Tessa continued to gaze out of the window and at the skyscrapers when her phone vibrated in her hands. She looked down and opened up her phone to her messages, and saw one from her father.

Need you at the Sanctum in Queens right now

Sensing the urgency, she shoved her phone into her pocket and looked outside through the window. The Sanctum was five blocks down to the left, not that far on foot. She looked back up at all of the students on the bus, and lifted her hand up, opening her palm, red glowing.

She took over all of their minds and had them stare straight ahead as she readied herself. She squatted on the seat and pushed the tight window up. She looked at the cars surrounding the bus and saw nothing in sight. She sighed in relief and leapt out silently and quickly.

Once Tessa was in a safe secure spot under a bridge, she let the students and driver gain their minds back. They felt a little weird, but brushed it under the carpet.

However, Peter knew that tingly feeling, and sat up, quickly swiveling around to reveal that his girlfriend was nowhere in sight and the window was letting in the cool autumn air. He cursed under his breath and turned to Ned, who was laughing at something on his phone.

Meanwhile, Tessa dashed to the Sanctum in her suit, going through alleys and behind stores. Once she got there, she busted in, searching for her father.

She saw him, along with two other men opposite. She geared up her powers instantly and pointed her palms at the men dangerously, scarlet furiously licking her fingers.

The two men reacted by each bumping their wrists together, then created an orange circle that held symbols all throughout it that were engraved in white. Her eyes widened, but she stood her ground.