Chapter 18

Oh my fucking god I haven't updated this book in forever!!! I'm so fucking sorry, ugh! School. School needs to fuck off.

_______________________

Here's a reminder of what happened in the previous chapter:

"After dinner, we're going somewhere and we're talking about this." He commands. Why does he even care? No one has cared before, so why does he?

I nod and escape his hold before quickly walking out of the bathroom. I know I'm not going to get out of this.

"Ahh, there you two are," Anne smiles as she sets a plate down on the dinning room table.

"I already made your guy's plates." She says excitedly and gestures for us to sit down. I feel Harry's eyes on me as I sit down and the table, him sitting across from me.

"It's a new recipe, I hope you like it." Anne says as she sits at the end of the table next to both Harry and I.

"It looks great." I say, pulling together the best smile I can manage at the moment. Anne doesn't seem to notice, and begins asking me questions about school and such. I respond the best I can without being distracted by Hary's not so subtle stare.

I'm just glad that Anne is talkative, because if it wasn't for her, this dinner would without a doubt be the most quiet and awkward dinner in history.

__________________________

Songs for chapter:

*Safe With Me- Sam Smith

*Breath Me- Sia

*Human- Christina Perri

*Slowly Freaking Out- Skylar Grey

HARRY'S POV

Her eyes. Her eyes are so fucking bright, yet so dull as she laughs at the bullshit joke my mum told. She wears it so well, that smile of hers. That smile that could fool anyone and has fooled everyone.
How did I not see it before? God, I'm such a fucking idiot. Everything is starting to add up. The party, the dock, the cliff, her parents, the drinking and the smoking... just everything. How could I be so blind to it when the signs were flashing like fucking strobe lights right before my eyes?

I remember when I first met Brie that something seemed off, but I never expected her to be... I can't even fucking say it. I was so determined to figure her out her story, that I wasn't even paying attention to what mattered most... her feelings.

Selfish, selfish is what I, and everyone else that was fooled by her smile is.

"Well, I should probably get these plates cleaned up." My mum smiles and begins to stand from her seat in the dark wooded chair of the dinning room.

"I can help." Brie offers and copies my mums actions by raising from her chair and setting her silverware on her plate, the gentle collision making a clinking sound as she does so.

"Oh, thank you sweetie." My mum says and continues to collect the dishes that are set out on the dark stained mahogany table.

"I got it, Mum." I speak up and scoot my chair out so I'm able to stand to my feet.

"Don't worry about it, I can do it." She assures me.

"No, really. I got it... please." I insist. I need to talk to Brie, and I can't to that if she's right next to us. She looks at me funny before shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay... well I'm going to quick use the toilet." she says and hands the plates to me before disappearing down the hall. I look over to Brie and she glances up on me, her expression holding a slight amount of fear, before turning away, plates in hand, and makes her way to the sink.