YEARS Ago (Prolouge)

It's cold... very cold, I'm cold. Wrapping myself to the only warmth I had was my teddy bear, I named him Teddy too. Wasn't just the cold, but dark so very dark it's scary. Dark scares me bad because you don't know when my mommy's boyfriend would come. I call him Boogeyman because he hurts me. I don't like him hurting me, he don't like me, he don't love me, he does drugs and alcohol. Yet mommy loves me... well sometimes she shows love, thats if I don't see her drinking something or drugs. The smell was also bad in the home. but Mommy says it's the only thing we got. Hiding under a table is only way I can protect myself so far it has been a good spot so boogeyman don't find me. "MAGGOT!" I could hear my mother call. My name is Christian, but I'm guessing she's on the drug or too much to drink. I slowly crawl out and walk as I try to make my way across, and since I slept pretty much almost all day there is a chance boogeyman is here, and if Mister Boogeyman is here I don't wanna wake him. If I do, he yells along with him slapping me if I did happen to wake him instead of mommy. Luckily enough I made my way to my mom to the sound of her voice. Her voice of drunk since now I know since I can hear it better and more clearly. As always I don't really speak and I could just stare. "Come help mama.'' Walking over I try pushing that my little body can do till I see her rolling to a stand and I step back when she walked past yet it was a little stumbley but not much. Holding my teddy I go follow her as I watched her as I can see her look down at me. "Your probably hungry, but you know the reutine." All I could do was nod, only very small meals I get. Oh how they were very small portioned. Going to my safe spot I lay there with my teddy thinking it's best to sleep, but I woke up to burnt toast and it was only half. At least I got fed, wasn't able to ate anything for almost two days. It tastes bad, but at least it's something I also got water to drink. Man was I ever thirsty too yet still hungry but since how we don't have much, so we keep things light.