Chapter 11.) Hope, But Guilt.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT, YOU SAID YOU DIDNT KNOW?!"

"YES! I DONT KNOW WHY!"

"WAIT, EXPLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING.."

"OKAY SO-"

•Earlier That day•

"So what'd you wanna talk to me about?" I asked, smiling. I was pretty happy to see Lis.

"I-I... well.. You've always been my childhood friend, and I've never met anyone so nice and warm- hearted like you.."

Woah... wait a minute... is she... confessing??

"You've always been there for me since the beginning and you've never left my side.. not once.." She shyly looked down and grabbed my hand.

"L-Lis?"

"You're an amazing guy, you're trustworthy and caring. No one could ever replace you! And over the time.. you began to steal something away from me.. slowly..."

Wait steal? Did i ever steal anything?

"Natsu Dragneel!"She pointed at me with a flushed face.

"Eh?!"

"I demand you give your heart to me, since you stole mine!"

WHAAAAT?!

Wait why am I panicking?! Haven't i been wanting to hear those words for a long time now?! I just i wanted to marry her so why?!- Why doesn't my heart feel happy?!!? WHAT IS HAPPENING?!!?!

"Wait Lis, You really mean it?!"

"Y-Yes of course i do!"

I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. C'mon stupid mouth! Say you love her! But I can't! I can never lie!

"L-Lis.. I don't know what to say.."
I sighed and walked back a little.

"I-I... I need to think about this.. sorry..." She seemed shocked, surprised almost! As if she wasn't expecting that answer..

I walked out of the park and walked home. It's already 4:10?! I needa hurry home!

•••

"AND NOW WE'RE HERE!"

"What?! But I thought you- you said you!-"

"I KNOW WHAT I SAID LUCE— ughh i doNt KnoW wHatS hAppEninG..." He placed his hand on his heart and seemed confused.

"What?! Wai- Wait.. WHAT?!UGHH." I held my head and tried processing what in the HELL WAS HAPPENING.

"You... So you don't like her?!"

"No! I-I dont know! I just suddenly didn't know how to respond!! I thought I liked her but I don't know what happened!!"

"You.. You might've just panicked! Just sit down and think, maybe then your mind will clear and.. you'll remember how you feel? Yeah, I'll go serve our food." I walked into the kitchen, I heard Natsu sigh as he laid on the couch and placed his arm over his face.

He doesn't like her? But why? This is so confusing.. he always talked about Lisanna, so why didn't he accept her feelings? I placed food on the two plates with a focused/ serious look.

"..Lucy...."

Ah, He's calling me! Maybe he finally remembered?!

Natsu POV

I laid on the couch and began thinking. Why didn't I accept her feelings?! Do I like her? I thought I did... why was my heart so happy when she came? Who is someone I do think of when I imagine the word Love—