jump

Jin
- May 20th 9:20 pm -

Jin stood in the brightly lit kitchen thinking of what to prepare for Lisa's dinner for the night; she had study classes again. He fished out a variety of ingredients from his shopping bag, laying them all out onto to counter to begin his business. Normally his parents would be in the living room talking about business or work. The television would be switched to the late night comedy shows while the two had a few glasses of wine. Sometimes even invite Jin and Lisa to watch with them. But that was quite a rare sight to see.

Jin stared blankly a the empty leather couches in the living room, the chandelier hanging from the ceiling hasn't been lit since. They had left abroad for another 'business trip'.

"So much for saying you'd be back once Lisa starts school." Jin mumbled as he added he ingredients to the pan.

The two have been sent all around the world for their whole life, this time Jin somehow convinced his parents to send them back to Korea; to have a normal life again together with the people they missed. Jin has always been Lisa's caretaker, best friend, big brother, even at times he had to act as the parent.

Jin froze for a moment, as if his heart had stopped beating, "Today's Friday...right?" Dropping everything he had in his hands he stumbled over to his phone.

Turning it on the screen lit up reflecting off of his face, the date read May 20th Friday.

"Lisa doesn't have study classes today does she—"

A familiar caller ID appeared on the screen of his phone, startling him before he finished his statement.

————————
Jeon Jungkook...is calling
————————

Jin answered the call without hesitation, but was confused when he was met with the sound of sniffles on the other line.

"Hey Jungkook-ah—"

"Jin." Jungkook said in a stern but sad tone, "I—I'm worthless! I don't know what to say.—I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" he cried choking on his words,

"Woah woah slow down. What are you talking about?" Jin frowned at the nonsense the boy was saying,

"You're gonna fall apart if I tell you.."

"Spill."

"Lisa's dead."

"No."

Jin fell to the ground dropping his phone in the process. He felt a lump in his throat form as the throbbing pain in his knees began to worsen. Before he knew it he was crying.

"No No No No No. fucking way." Jin mumbled wiping his eyes as he reached over for his phone; holding it up against his ear, " How the hell did this happen?!"

"She jumped off the school rooftop! I—I ran up as fast as I could to save her Jin! I tried! I really did!"

"What caused this—?" But before he could finish his lungs gave out, causing him to collapse on the hard wood floor. Jin lay unconscious leaving Jungkook on the other line. Alone.