sleep

- Jimin -
- May 12th 3:27 pm -

Jimin couldn't care less about leaving the hospital; he's been here for so long that he's lost count on how long he's been here. Never left. Never visited by anyone other than his parents. It was his second home since two years ago.

It was the same ruitine. Wake up, eat, checkup, free time, lunchtime, free time, checkup, sleep. The occasional crying from the hallways even seemed normal to him. It was like a prison, enclosing him from the outside world.

"Hey what are you doing here? You don't look sick at all!"

Jimin looked up from his bed to see a kid standing in his view. He was missing some teeth giving him a slight lisp when he spoke.

He sighed and looked at the child, "Whew you got me there kid." Jimin said, his eyes disappearing in his smile, "What about you? What're you doing here?"

"I don't know either! That make us friends!....right?" The child stood straight holding his hand out for Jimin to shake, the boy's smile warming his heart.

"Haha I guess so." Jimin reaches for the child's hand smiling at the boy's choppy bangs,

But before he could even touch the hand the boy collapsed, falling into Jimin's arms. This startled Jimin causing him to panic and call out for a nurse. He called and called but so one could hear him.

By his surprise a young man appeared from behind of one of the curtains dividing Jimin's bed and the other patients. He had a patch stick to his head and seemed to be a patient too. The man flashed a cute smile ushering Jimin that it was okay.

"Hoseok!"

"It alright. He just fell asleep, just like me!" He went over to Jimin to pick the boy up. He went to sit on the bed laying the child to sleep on his lap, "At least he fell on a human cushion. You see this?" Hoseok cheerfully pointed onto the bandage on his forehead slightly covered by his bangs, "I was on the sidewalk of a highway when I got this. This kid is lucky."

Jimin looked down at his slippers, thinking about how worried the bystanders must have thought when they saw Hoseok's sleeping body on the sidewalk.

"Geez his parents just left him here. They remind me of my mom." Hoseok rambled again, "Jimin-ah."

"..?" Jimin looked at him humming in response,

"It's been two years since we've last seen each other right?"

Jimin pursed his plump lips; fidgeting with the ends of the hospital-bedding.

"Hoseok..My clock stopped ticking at some point so, I can't really tell how long I've been in here." He said in one breath,

"Ah." Hoseok sighed stroking the hair of the child, he wondered if Jimin was here for way longer than he had thought, "Didn't you miss anyone?"

"No one decided to visit me so, so of course I did. " Jimin smiled shrugging his shoulders with his hands in between his legs, "How come you guys never visited?"

Hoseok looked at him in shock holding his hand on his chest, "Yah, we did...at least we tried to..The front desk said you didn't want any visitors."