Marco x Reader: New Teams

Hellooo! Sorry I'm running out of ideas, but I'm not gonna end this book yet. If you guys could help me out, please make requests or suggest to me a good plot so I can make more oneshots. Love you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were walking to the mess halls after training for dinner, a smile on your face. As soon as you got there, you regretted it. You forgot that your friends are seperated through teams because of Eren and Mikasa's fight.

So, the whole 104th training squad was divided into two groups: The boys and girls. Eren leading the boys, and Mikasa leading the girls. Honestly, you didn't mind having the groups but you were sad about your best friend, Marco, for being dragged into this.

"So, what did they fight about today?" You ask, sitting beside Mina.

"If Ymir should be on the boy's or girl's team." She says.

You giggled and got a tray, eating the food on it. You looked up to meet Marco's gaze from across the table, smiling at you. You smiled back at him. Suddenly, you saw Jean glare at you and whisper to Marco.

It was obvious of what he was trying to say, he was whispering that boys should not talk or look at girls. Marco shrugs it off and continued to eat. You did the same. As soon as dinner was over, you headed to your friendship tree, a few meters near the lake.

"Hey Marco." You greet, as you sat beside him.

"Hey (y/n)." He replies with a smile.

Every night has been like this. Since everyone forbid you to talk to the opposite gender, both of you still found a way to communicate to each other. You think it's a waste of time that you don't get to hangout with everyone in the squad. You also think it's a waste of time to stop yourself from what you are truly feeling.

"Hey, I've been holding back about something." You start off.

"Really? What is it then?" He asks.

"There is this guy I really like. I've liked him for quite some time now. It took me a week to realize I've been in love with him all along. I just don't think it'll work since everyone forbids you from getting near the opposite gender." You say.

"There's this girl I like too. Sometimes, I just wanted to pull her out of the girl's table and just simply tell her how much I love her. But like what you said, I don't think it'll work out either." He says.

Your heart broke a little, knowing he likes somebody else. But you pretended to smile, and pretended to be happy for him. You spent the whole night, talking together. As soon as it was late, you said your goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, you walked off to the mess halls with all the girls. Everyone was unusually talkative today, especially Mikasa. As you arrived at the mess halls, the boys were already there. You could feel the aura, all the glares. You sighed and sat down.

Minutes have passed, you were all talking about a certain topic. You felt like someone was staring at you, you turned and saw Marco giving you a small wave. You smiled at him, and turned back before anyone could catch you.

Suddenly, you heard him stand from his place. His footsteps were getting louder every second. You were shocked when he suddenly grabbed you by the shoulders. You stared at his eyes, his eyes showed passion.

"Remember last night when I said I'd pull her out of the table and tell her how much I love her?" He asks, you nod.

"Well, I couldn't stop myself anymore. I love you so much, (y/n). I love you." He says.

"I love you too." You whisper, and embraced him.

He wrapped his arms around your waist. Everyone in the room gasped at your actions but both of you didn't seem to care. You were too caught up in the moment, you gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Let's get out of here." You chuckle.

He nods at you and grabs your hand. Both of you passed through the two tables without making eye contact with them. As soon as both of you had left the mess halls, they sighed.

"I guess it's not so bad to be with a girl after all." Connie shrugs.

"Same goes with you, boys." Mina says.

"We have three teams as of today. A new team was formed thanks to those lovebirds." Jean says.

"Which is?" Sasha asks.

"Couple's team. Marco and (y/n) as president."