Armin ━ What I Like About You

EDITED

[ This chapter has undergone major editing! ]

Emotional!Reader

Requested by Xx-Fallen_Angels-xX!

You stare at him as he talks to his friends, studying his every move. You love the way he laughs at a joke his friends make, the way his hands move when he expresses himself passionately, and the way his eyes light up when he's around people he cares about.

Call yourself a stalker, but that's how you really are. No one knows how deeply in love you are with Armin. The Armin Arlert.

You think back to when you first met him. To the times you were just kids. To the times you lived a troubled yet peaceful life. To the times you didn't think someone would want to be acquainted with you.

Back then, a lot of kids used to bully you for being emotional. You couldn't forget how he came to your rescue and defended you from them. Even though he got beaten up badly, he was able to save you and flash you one of his cheerful smiles.

"I'm Armin. What's your name?" He asks, his lips swollen from being beaten up.

"I'm... (y/n)."

That was the day you fell for him.

You fell in love for the first time.

After that incident, you started seeing Armin every day. You've been wanting to talk to him, but your insecurities always get the best of you. Despite your lack of confidence, that didn't stop you from seeing him. Even though your presence is unknown to him, you watch him from a distance. However, it didn't take long before the fall of Wall Maria happened.

It is the most devastating thing to happen in your life. You saw your parents get eaten before your eyes. Your heart aches and tears blur your vision. Your mind then focuses on searching for a certain guy. However, your pursuit for Armin gets cuts off short as the Garrisons take you away.

The evacuees arrive inside Wall Rose and you frantically search for Armin or any of his friends. You search for hours and you are starting to lose hope but a sudden familiar shade of yellow standing a few feet away from you changes that.

"Armin!" Your name leaves his lips without even thinking. 

At the sound of his name, he turns around and meets your eyes. His two friends seem to have noticed you too.

"(y/n), you're alive..." Armin says with relief, a small smile appearing on his face.

Though many lives were lost, you were at least put at ease upon seeing him.

Soon enough, he and his friends decided to join the army.

You were reluctant to join, because of your weak body and mind. But nevertheless, you still joined just to be with him.

Training was difficult and you were treated like an outcast because you couldn't even hit a single target. You cried a lot and people always made fun of you. Even Sasha and Krista treat you differently than the others. You didn't have anyone to eat with or talk to, but you endured it all.

The following day, the skies decide to cry.  Despite the weather, it's a typical training day to jog in the forest and practice maneuvering with your gear. You get up and head toward the mess hall. Like every day, you would start your usual routine staring at your food, having little to no appetite. You leave your tray for leftovers, heading out with other cadets to report for training.