Marco x Reader: Starry Night

"You're like a star, shining so bright."

You were out on a walk at the Headquarters with your group of friends since Commander Erwin had agreed on your request to prolong your curfew. Days like these were rare, so all of you sat down by the grassy field, just taking in the view.

Everyone was now sat in a circle, just conversing about random things. Today was really something out of the ordinary, everyone had smiles on their faces, like all their worries vanished at the moment. That wasn't the only thing, the sky was glowing.

"Looking at the stars really helps forget about this whole titan thing, huh." You mumble to yourself.

"It sure does." You hear someone chuckle.

You turned to look at the owner of the voice. It was none other than the guy who likes keeping you company, and has been your friend for the longest. Well, aside from Jean of course. It was none other than the guy you seem fond of, Marco Bodt.

"I wish it would always be like this." You sigh.

"But if it were like this forever, don't you think it would get boring? Being able to see and experience the same scenario all over again?" He asks, staring out into the open.

Your eyes widen at the thought of it, he was right. You've always wished for the same thing to happen all over again. But now that he mentioned it, it made sense to you. It hit you that wishing for the same situation to happen again and again won't get you anywhere. And that when things do seem to replay, you should take a risk and do something different instead of letting it repeat itself.

"You're right, it's like a thousand bricks hit me when I realized that." You say, looking up.

"I never expected that to come of my mouth though." He sheepishly smiles.

"I'm glad it did, it really put some sense into me." You smirk.

"Well, it did to me too." He says, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey (Y/N)! Marco! We have to get back now, our curfew is almost up." Jean says.

You couldn't help but smile at your friend. You now stood from where you were seated and headed back to the dorms with your group of friends once more. You turned back to take one last look at the stars.

Next time, I'll really make it count.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o O o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

It has been a few months since the last time you were out, stress-relieving with everybody. During those past months, the feeling of despair and distress was evident in each and every one. A day hasn't passed where someone would break down and grieve over a loss.

You could have been one of them.

Marco was very thankful that day. If it wasn't for you showing up, he would have been a goner. Just the thought of not being able to spend more time with you absolutely killed him. And what killed him more, was that if he was gone, you would never get to see a starry night together again.

Luckily, Commander Erwin has decided to give everyone another night to just sit back and relax for a moment. Long had Marco waited for another night like this to come, and so did you.

"Here we are again." Marco quietly says, glancing over at you.

"But this time, it will be different, I swear. I'm going to make it count." You say, determined.

"And how would you do that?" He lightly chuckles.

"I'm still trying to figure that out though." You smile.

Marco returned the smile, and he gazed back at the stars in the sky once more. His face scrunches as his thoughts drift away. He wanted for things to change somehow, and he took the risk. 

"The stars are shining so bright." He begins.

"Well yeah, if it wasn't that obvious." You giggle.

"But you shine the brightest, (y/n)."

You were abruptly stopped by your own thoughts. You glanced over at him, but he was looking everywhere but at you. A blush was sketched on his features.

"W-what do you mean by that?" You ask, removing your gaze from him.

"You've always found a way to my heart. No, it was more than just being a sister to me. No matter what, you always stand out than the rest. You were shining, and I gazed upon that beauty, and I fell for it. I fell for you." He laughs nervously.

"Marco, I-"

"You don't have to say anything. I'm not expecting anything in return, so it's okay." He smiles, but you could tell he was sad.

"But you have to listen to what I have to say, please." You beg.

"I suppose so, go ahead." He gestures for you to continue.

"I told myself I'd make this count. I've waited for a long time for this to come, and for you to actually say that, I don't know how to react. I mean, I really like you but I never really thought that you would feel the same way." You mutter.

You were at loss for words, and you were regaining yourself. You were so lost in thought, you were surprised when a pair of arms had pulled you and you were engulfed in a hug. You didn't think, you hugged him right away.

"You're a star that lights up the darkness in this world, (y/n). You'll always be."