Eren x Reader: I'll Protect You

Heeey, so I just wanted to say that this one-shot has been on my DeviantArt account before. I wrote this last year and just moved it here. :) 

Anyways, go check out my new book! It's a Hiro x Reader story so yaay BH6 :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

You sat at the edge of your bed, thinking hard. Today was the day you're going to graduate and choose which branch you'll join. Clearly, you haven't made up your mind yet. For a minute, you decided to think smart like Armin would always do. You went through all the advantages and disadvantages of doing this and that. But most of all, you tried to understand which one you really desire to join. After much thinking, your mind came up with joining the Survey Corps. Eren had joined there after all, and both of you were very close friends.

Sasha, who seemed to be your roommate was thinking hard too and she looked at you. "Have you decided which one to join?" Sasha asks and you nod at her. Both of you talked about your decisions for a while. When it was finally time to head out, you and Sasha closed the door in your room and both of you released a heavy sigh.

There you stood in line with the rest of the 104th squad trainees. Beside you stood Connie and Bertholdt. You stayed calm but your hands were still shaking. Commander Erwin started his speechand you listened carefully to what he was saying. In a brief summary, he tried to see the trainees who were willing to sacrifice their lives for humanity and tried to see the brave trainees to join with him in the Survey Corps.

You stood there, looking at the ground. People started to leave with different kinds of expressions on their faces. Some showed fear, some showed disgust, some showed confused. It was when your mind started debating on whether you should also leave or not. You tensed up, it was now or never.

In the end, you stayed. You stayed strong. With your decision, a small tear escapes your eye. You looked forward to see more people stayed. It wasn't just you. It was mostly your friends. Mikasa, Armin, Jean, and even Sasha stayed. Commander Erwin looked at the trainees that stayed and talked to them. In a few minutes, each and everyone of you saluted. You were finally and officially part of the Survey Corps.

A week had dragged on, the new recruits had arrived at the Survey Corps Headquarters. You continued to talk to Armin who was beside you. You are one of Armin's closest friends. Eren was first, and you were second. You discussed about how life would be if you lived outside the walls. You laugh a little and shared all your thoughts. You walked and walked until a voice shouted your name.

"(y/n)! Armin!" that familiar voice shocked you. Armin looked at where the voice came from and you did the same to find turquiose, green eyes running towards the both of you. You and Armin must've been the first ones Eren saw because you were at the very back of the recruits. "Eren!" Armin smiled in surprise. He reached the both of you, panting a little. Before you could even talk to him, Mikasa had already stepped in the way. She continously shot hundreds of questions at Eren and you smiled at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat up in class next to Armin and took down notes for the 57th expedition. You studied the positioning very well. You were assigned be at the back of positioning, just meters away from the center. You were entrusted to keep an eye on Captain Levi's squad and guard them even if it means to sacrifice your entire life.

After the discussion, you went over to the cafeteria to eat lunch. As you got your tray, you looked around for a vacant place and sat down. You looked at the food in front of you, bread, some soup, and a potato. In a matter of seconds, someone sits down in front of you. You looked over to see Jean and Connie. "You don't mind if we sit here, right?" Jean asks. You just gave a little smile. "Not at all."