CHAPTER 49 Sleepless

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sure enough she tried to take her hand away from mine when we were approaching her friends.     But I didn't let her.   She tried several times but failed.   Hehe.   

Her friends started teasing us and were wondering what's going on between us.   Sam kinda told them that I was holding her hand to get rid of some girls and that I was just pretending to be her boyfriend.    I wanted to tell them otherwise.    I wanted to tell them that I wasn't pretending.   I wanted to tell them that I deeply wanted to hold her hand all the time.   But of course I wasn't able to.

".........Depends on what you want to think.   Pwede rin namang totoo."

Those were the exact words I told them.     I left them them to believe whatever they wanted to believe.    

But I was surprised when Sam started grabbing my arm and leaned her head against my shoulder.    I was caught off guard.    Did she fire back at me?     Was she just playing along?

Then she called  me, "Honeybunch."    I was flabbergasted.     It was her turn to give me an evil grin.   So she was playing along then.  I decided then to continue what we've started.     I pretended to be  her boyfriend for a day.     O boy, I had so much fun.

The playful banter between the two of us never stopped.     As her 'boyfriend',   I offered to buy our food.  Little did she know that I was only buying for one so that we could share, like you know, like what other couples do.   

Then I had this urge to tease her more.   So I shoved a forkfull of spaghetti into her mouth, intentionally spreading spaghetti sauce all over her cheeks.    Haha.   Oh boy, I had quite too much fun.    Then of course my hunny wouldn't let me get away with that and so she did the same thing to me.     Yes, I started calling her 'hunny', which just came out naturally.  

My face was then smothered with spaghetti sauce.    It was then her turn to laugh.     But that laugh immediately went away when I rubbed my messy cheek against hers as a payback.    It was only then that I realized that our cheeks just rubbed against each other.    It sent shivers to my veins.    We were both quiet for a while and just stared at each other.    

You really look so cute right now, Hun.  

Those words just came out of my mouth.    She seemed taken aback to hear it.    But I actually really meant what I said.    She did really look soooo cute at that time.     Arghhhhh.     What am I going to do?    I am completely mad about her!

_____

After we ate, the group decided to go to Game Zone.    We all played some games.   Then Yosef and I decided to show off our basketball shooting skills and played against each other.    I won, of course.    I'm proud to say that no one's ever beaten me yet.    Hehe.    Then I decided to show off some more and do some exhibitions.   I dedicated the next game to Sam.    I was shooting the balls to the basket while looking at her the whole time.    No miss.   I was hoping to impress Sam.   Hehe.     I gave her a wink.

I gave her a chance to play too.   It seemed like she wanted to shoot some balls too.     She was shooting the balls in the basket until I butted in.     Alright, she was able to get the balls in but her shooting form is not right.   I assisted her by showing her how to do it right.  In order to show her, I had to go behind her and the closeness between us was inevitable.    I had to get as close as I could to her and I had to touch her arms in order to guide her.  Little did I know that the effect on her was ..... not good.    She missed all her shots!   Was I affecting her??    I smiled at the thought.