Chapter Eight

I turned around to see Ed standing there, an unreadable look in his eyes.

"You have to get out of here, as soon as possible. He knows you are gone, you have to hurry! He has his gang looking for you. I know you don't want to be with him, I know what he does to women. He sees the goodness and innocence in you and all he will do is corrupt you. I know how he treats them. That's exactly why I couldn't let you know I cared for you because he was in the room. Once he claims you, you are his, or no one's at all." He rushed out quickly, taking in a sharp breath.

"You have to get as far away from here as possible, and don't text me, he will try to use me to find you. I will text you when I can and I know it's safe."

I didn't know how to respond so all I said was okay. Then I felt a warm pair of lips meet mine and I immediately kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck until he broke the kiss to talk.

"I'm sorry." he said, and I knew exactly what he meant.

"It's not your fault Ed." I responded.

"I just wish I could protect you." he said, hurt clear in his eyes.

"Well you can't, but I will be fine. I will get away, trust me. Just please promise me you will be okay, and don't forget me." I said, kissing him gently on the cheek.

"I won't, I will come for you, I promise." He said, kissing me tenderly on the cheek.

HONK

I turned around seeing Maddie, ready to go.

"Bye Ed." I said giving him a slight smile.

"Bye love." he replied, opening the car door for me and helping me in. He closed the door and gave me one last wave before we sped off.

I felt tears prick to my eyes but I wouldn't cry. I couldn't cry, I had to stay strong. I just hope Ed will be okay. I just wish none of this would have ever happened. But then I wouldn't have met Ed. I just don't know anymore, life is too complicating.

I wiped my teary eyes, not letting any tears fall.

"Where are we going?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, your the genius that came up with the escape, did you not come up were to go?" she asked.

"I'll figure something out, just keep driving." I said.

"Well we need to stop and get some gas." She said.

"Okay, well stop right up here." I said, pointing to the gas station.

"If you run in and pay, I'll pump." I said.

"You can't, your leg." she said, pointing her perfectly manicures index finger at my leg.

"Well fuck" I muttered.

"I'll run, I know your in a rush." she said, hopping out of the car and running into the store.

She hopped in the car after pumping the gas.

"Wow. I think that's the fastest I've ever seen anyone pump gas." I said laughing slightly, trying to ease the anxiety I had caused.

"Okay, where to?" she asked, starting up the car.

"Let's stop by my my house and get some clothes and money and then I think we will go to a hotel and then in the morning book the soonest flight to Ireland."

Okay. But who lives in Ireland?" she asked.

"My parents." I responded.

"Isn't there anyone, anywhere el-"

"No." I interrupted, "There is no one or no where else I can think of." I replied bluntly as I turned my head staring blankly out the window.