I Fell For My Geeky Best Friend

CHAPTER 1

"New York Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, There's nothing you can't do, Now you're in New York"

"SHUT UP!" I shouted at my alarm clock. I hit the snooze button and turned over to my side pulling the covers over my head blocking out any sunlight coming through. I was drifting off back to sleep when I heard this annoying tapping sound. "Tap, Tap" now what I thought to myself. I got out of bed and trudged my way over to my window to see where that annoying sound was coming from. As I opened it I came face to face with none other than my best friend Eric. He was smiling childishly while standing on my balcony. We're neighbors and been best friends since birth. He's a couple months older than me though. I was born on April 17th and he was born on February 17th. So he's exactly two months older than me.

"Hurry up it's the last day of school, remember!" he shouted at me in that annoyed voice he uses when he hates stating the obvious.

"Fine I'll be ready in 25 minutes, come over then" I told him as I grabbed my bra and panties and went to the bathroom. I took a quick hot shower relaxing my muscles and washed my hair. I dried myself off and looked at myself in the mirror. I saw a girl with wavy wet blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes and perfect teeth. I smiled to myself of how those braces paid off. Then I remembered that Eric was going to get his braces taken off next week. I couldn't wait to see him without his braces. Eric was a geeky looking guy with dirty blond hair and green eyes but he did have the cutest dimples when he smiled. I don't even know how Eric could stay friends with me. We were complete opposites. He was into school, and I was into sports even though I did get good grades - I just don't show any interest in it whatsoever. My sister would say how she wished she had a sister to go shopping with than a "brother." Well I couldn't help it if I'm more active than some girls.

I went into my HUGE walk in closet, and chose which outfit I was going to wear for the LAST DAY of school. I walked through the isle of dresses shoes and jewelry that my mom and sister would get me practically every day and went to the back of the closet found some comfy sweatpants and a t-shirt with my favorite band "all time low." I put my hair in a tight ponytail, then ran out my bedroom. I walked passed my older sister Allison's room and saw her applying make-up to herself. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

My sister was the girly girl type. She had blond hair like me but had brown eyes, she got that from my dad and I got my blue eyes from my mom. Ally was 18 and is going to university in Italy. Today will be her last day as a high school student. Today for me was going to be the last day as a junior, because when September comes I'll be a senior. I'm going to miss having my sister there, even though we're complete opposites, she's not ashamed of her "tomboy" sister, even if she is the most popular girl in the school.

I sighed as I ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen. My mom was making double chocolate chip pancakes with butter, syrup and whipped cream, my favorite, and was humming happily to herself.

"Hey mom you're happy this morning, what's up?" I noticed as I sat down while she handed me my plate with a glass of milk. I watched as she danced around the counter and came over to me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Just in a really good mood sweetheart, plus I have a surprise for you" she winked at me.

"A surprise! Where?" I shouted excitedly and started jumping up and down in my seat.

"Not until you get home" she beamed.

"MOOOOOOM!" I whined

"Lori Stewart, stop being such a baby" my mom said while playfully shoving me, but before I could say or do anything else the door bell rang. I ran across the living room almost tripped on my fuzzy white carpet on my way there, but I made it in one piece and opened the door revealing an eager Eric. Wondered why he was so happy this morning. I mean yeah I understand that it's the last day of school "YAY" but why is he so giddy? But then again it's Eric and being the genius that he is of course he's excited to go to school.