CHAPTER 31

Hey my beautiful gems, here's another one!!! Hopes you enjoys!! :DD

Chapter 31

LORI’S P.O.V

I was fuming as I walked the halls. I wiped angrily at my uncontrollable tears. How could Eric be such a hypocrite? He doesn’t trust my newfound friendship with Chris yet ironically he’s friends with the most devious person there is. How can he be so blind?? More tears continued to stream down my face. I had to stop and lean against a locker as I cried my eyes out. I felt my chest tighten and I felt like I couldn’t breathe. My best friend would rather believe petty rumors – that I am 100% certain Ashley spread – rather than believe me.

I wanted to scream in anger. My breathing was rugged as I glared at the floor in front of me. I shoved my hands roughly into the pockets of my jeans only to feel there was something in there. I took it out revealing a crumpled up piece of paper. I gave it a confused looked as I smoothed it out and read it.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love You

10. We’ve known each other forever.

9. You tell me I don’t look fat.

8. You laugh at my jokes.

7. We like the same junk food.

6. Long phone conversations with no silent places.

5. You’d share your last piece of chocolate.

4. You always understand.

3. You’ve seen me without make-up – and you still call me beautiful

2. You give bad hair day sympathy.

And the #1 Reason Why I Love you is “If I was lost – You’d Find Me”

I started to cry harder as I read this. I remember writing it. It was few months before Eric’s birthday and I didn’t know how I was going to tell him I loved him, so I decided maybe I should start off by writing it down. I re-read the reasons again and I knew Eric was the one for me. No matter how much we fight, I still love him, I always have I and I always will!

Folding the paper and putting it back into my pocket I wiped away the rest of the tears. I took a deep breath trying to calm my breathing. It’s not over yet. One petty fight is not going to come between Eric and me. I needed to find him. I need to tell him how I feel right now.

I prayed Eric was still at his locker. I ran down the hallways determined to find him. As I rounded the corner my head started to spin. I'm actually going to do it. I'm really about to tell Eric that I love him. I was almost there. I couldn’t stop grinning as I turned the corner. This is it.

I turned the last corner heading onto the hall where our lockers were located. I saw Eric at his locker but he wasn’t alone. My breathing came to a halt and I froze dead in my spot as everything became slow motion. Just ahead of me were Eric and Ashley pressed against the lockers – kissing.

“No, no, no, no, this can’t be happening,” I muttered refusing to believe what I was seeing. My chin started to quiver as a whole new set of tears started to flow down my face blurring my vision. This wasn’t happening.

She actually did it. She actually managed to take away the one person in my life that kept me sane. She took away my rock, my happiness, my love. I was starting to feel light headed and realized I had stopped breathing all together. I let out a sob before covering my mouth.

I had to get out of here. My world was crashing around me and I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t take this feeling anymore. I turned around and ran out of the school. I got as far as the school parking lot before collapsing and bawling my eyes out. I heard a car door slam and feet running towards me.