CHAPTER 32

Chapter 32

Eric’s POV

It’s been a week since the incident between Ashley and I. I’ve been avoiding her like a plague not knowing how to else to deal with this situation. Plus Lori hasn’t so much as spoken a word to me either. I tried talking to her but she would blow me off completely like I was invisible or something. I know she’s still a little sour about our fight and I don’t blame her. I basically told her I believed the rumours were true and I beat myself up every day for being so stupid. Not talking to Lori was driving me crazy. I want to talk to her but I'm trying to give her the space she needs right now. I just don’t know how long I can do that for.

“Hey,” Delilah said coming up from the side and hugging me. I shut my locker and kissed the top of her head.

“Hey,” I replied shutting my locker. “Have you spoken to Lori recently?” I asked wondering maybe she might know just how pissed Lori is at me. She frowned shaking her head.

“No, as a matter of fact she’s barely spoken to me all week. I try talking to her but she’d mutter something and stalk off. I thought you might know what’s up?” she figured. I sighed feeling guiltier by the second.

“We had a fight about a week ago about the stupid rumours that’s been going around school about Lori and Chris,” I explained.

“You didn’t believe any them though right?” I shut my eyes and hung my head in shame. “Eric how could you?” she yelled slapping my arm harshly. I winced and rubbed my arm but knew I deserved it.

“I didn’t believe them – well I don’t now – but I was angry and my jealousy got the best of me. She won’t speak to me Dee, what am I going to do?” I stressed. There were few times in my life when I have cried and really cried, and right now I was coming close to having another one of those times.

“You need to fix things with Lor and fast,” she growled. She shook her head looking disappointed and walked away. I sighed and banged my head against my locker.  I screwed this up big time.

“Hey Lori what’s wrong?” my head snapped to the left to see Chris standing a few feet away from me holding Lori by the shoulders and looking into her eyes intently. I didn’t hear what she muttered to him but whatever it was his eyes turned soft as he wrapped his arms around her. My jealous side growled not liking this one bit. He rubbed her back affectionately and planted a kiss on her head. I pushed myself against the locker and started making my way over there. Who the hell does he think he is? He has no right to be comforting her. If anyone should be doing the comforting it’s me.

I stopped short as I watched the two of the engage. They didn’t notice I was a few feet away from them. He muttered something and she laughed slapping his arm playfully. Pain rose in my chest. He got a laugh out of her. She won’t even look at me. What’s going on with the universe?

They said their goodbyes and departed ways. I couldn’t control my anger as I stormed up to Chris shoving him harshly into one of the lockers.

“What the hell man?” he growled.

“Stay away from Lori,” I hissed. My mind was racing and all I could think about was him holding her, comforting her. That should be me. I’ll be damned if I let Chris of all people replace me in Lori’s life.

“What the hell is your problem dude? Lori is my friend too, deal with it,” he said firmly straightening himself out.

“Are the rumours true?” I blurted before I could stop myself.

“Wha-?”

“Answer the damn question!”

“No! Lori and I never slept together. Like I said we’re just friends, the whole us sleeping together thing is bull, besides I would never cheat on Monica, I'm not like that anymore,” he stated. I took a step back gazing at him confused.